LEWISBURG, Pa. – The Bucknell women's lacrosse team will look to carry the momentum from its thrilling double overtime victory over Robert Morris into Saturday's game at Hofstra.
The opening draw between the Bison and Pride is slated for 12 p.m. at James M. Shuart Stadium.
Bucknell (1-0, 0-0 Patriot League) vs. Hofstra (0-0, 0-0 CAA)
When: Saturday, Feb. 17 – 12 p.m.
Where: James M. Shuart Stadium – Hempstead, N.Y.
Internet Video: GoHofstra.com
Live Stats: GoHofstra.com
Follow on Twitter: @Bucknell_WLAX
Bucknell at a Glance
• The Bucknell women's lacrosse team is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2018. Established in 1978, the program has compiled a 209-381 all-time record.
• The Bison are currently 1-0 (0-0 Patriot League) on the season.
• In 2017, Bucknell went 9-8 (4-5 Patriot League). The Bison, who finished sixth in the Patriot League a year ago, were picked to place in the same spot in 2018, as voted on by the league’s coaches and sports information directors in the preseason poll.
• Bucknell's captains are seniors Katherine Doyle, Sarah Galzerano and Mary Margaret Kenney.
• The Bison need to replace both of their 2017 All-Patriot League honorees in midfielder Maddy Molinari and defender Annie Gilbertson. A year ago, Molinari led Bucknell with 37 goals, 11 more than the next player, while Gilbertson paced the Patriot League in caused turnovers per game (2.12).
• Remington Steele was named the Bucknell women's lacrosse team's 12th head coach in August 2017. This is his first collegiate head coaching position.
Inside the Robert Morris Box Score
• Bucknell began its 2018 campaign with a dramatic 5-4 double overtime victory at Robert Morris on Feb. 10.
• Jamie DeWitt made four of her 11 saves on free-position attempts in overtime to help the Bison emerge victorious in their season opener for the fourth-straight season. Her effort also helped first-year head coach Remington Steele earn his first career win in his debut.
• In sudden-victory play, the Colonials were awarded five free-position shots. DeWitt made point-blank saves on four of them and had the fifth covered as it skipped wide of the right post. Her play set up Mary Margaret Kenney to net the game-winning goal on an eight-meter attempt with 1:45 on the clock.
• Five different Bison found the back of the net: Kenney, Sarah Dohler, Eve Lukowski, Morgan Steinhacker and Audrey Walsh. Dohler's goal was the first of her collegiate career.
• Steinhacker tied Callie DeWitt for the team lead with four ground balls while Katherine Doyle paced Bucknell with two caused turnovers.
• The Bison last won an overtime game in 2012, a 16-15 victory over Liberty at Graham Field. Their four goals allowed was their lowest total since they toppled Delaware State, 25-1, in their 2016 season opener
• For her role in Bucknell's dramatic victory, DeWitt was recognized with her first Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week and the Bison Athlete of the Week awards.
Hofstra at a Glance
• The Pride opens its 2018 campaign by hosting the Bison.
• In the CAA preseason poll, Hofstra was picked to finish fifth by the league's seven head coaches.
• The Pride posted an 8-8 (2-4 CAA) record in 2017. While Hofstra failed to advance to the CAA tournament, it surpassed its 2016 victory total by five.
• The Pride returns Alyssa Parella, who was honored as the 2017 CAA and ECAC Rookie of the Year. She was one of only two players who led her team in every field statistical category, recording 76 points (47g-29a), 54 draw controls, 39 ground balls and 21 caused turnovers.
• Parella and Drew Shapiro garnered 2018 CAA Preseason accolades. In addition, Parella was recognized by Inside Lacrosse as an Honorable Mention Preseason All-American.
• Hofstra leads Bucknell, 9-5, in an all-time series that dates back to 1983.
• The Bison and Pride met for the first time since 1995 last season on Feb. 18 at Graham Field. Behind an early 7-0 run, Hofstra cruised to a 15-5 victory.
Career Milestone Watch
• Jamie DeWitt: Needs 23 ground balls to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 99
• Katherine Doyle: Needs eight caused turnovers to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 52
• Katherine Doyle: Needs 14 ground balls to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 99
• Eve Lukowski: Needs one assist to move from sixth to fifth (50) in school history; needs seven to enter a tie for fourth (56)
• Eve Lukowski: Needs 42 points to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 143
A Look Ahead
• The Bison host Villanova on Wednesday, Feb. 21 at 4 p.m. in their home opener. They then travel to Wagner for a game on Saturday, Feb. 24 at 1 p.m.