Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (8-8, 2-3 PL) at Colgate (1-15, 0-5 PL)
When: Saturday, Oct. 29 – 11 a.m.
Where: Tyler’s Field (Hamilton, N.Y.)
Live Stats: GoColgateRaiders.com
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
About the Bison
* Bucknell has to beat Colgate to qualify for the Patriot League Tournament for the ninth consecutive season.
* The Bison are 8-8 overall and 2-3 in the Patriot League after winning three straight games. They beat Columbia 4-3 two weeks ago, and then added a 3-0 win over Lafayette and a 1-0 win in double overtime over Lock Haven this past weekend.
* Facing a must-win situation against Lafayette, Bucknell turned in a dominant performance. The Bison received goals from junior Stephanie Dressler, senior Anna Wills, and sophomore Nicole Rupnik in the win.
* Sophomore Katie Mannino scored the game-winning goal in double overtime against Lock Haven.
* Junior Emily Finn stopped one shot to record the shutout against the Leopards and made five saves to post a shutout against the Bald Eagles. She was named the Patriot League Goalkeeper of the Week for the second time. Her five shutouts this season are three more than any other goalie in the conference.
* Freshman Marisa Morakis assisted on the game-winning goals against both Lafayette and Lock Haven.
* Rupnik ranks fifth in the Patriot League with seven goals, while senior Estelle Palandjian is fifth in assists with five.
* The Bison are ranked 22nd in the latest national RPI.
* Colgate is 1-15 overall and 0-5 in the Patriot League.
* The Raiders are on a 15-game losing streak after winning their season opener 1-0 in overtime over Bryant.
* Maria Krull leads the conference with 183 saves.
* Bucknell leads the all-time series 30-10-3.
* The Bison have won nine straight and 15 of the last 16 meetings. They have won the past two games by a combined score of 8-0.
* Emma Fitzgerald has two career goals against Colgate, including one in a 6-0 win last season. Nicole Rupnik also scored in that game, while Claire Lesher and Kelsy Kauffman had assists.
* Colgate’s last win was 4-3 in overtime in 2007.
* If Bucknell beats Colgate, it clinches a spot in the conference tournament for the ninth straight year, all under head coach Jeremy Cook.
* American and Boston University have already clinched spots in the tournament. The winner of their game on Saturday will host the four-team event.
* Holy Cross (3-3), Bucknell (2-3), Lehigh (2-3), and Lafayette (2-3) are all battling for the final two spots. The Bison would get in on any remaining three-team tiebreaker.
* Emily Finn’s five shutouts are tied for the seventh most in a single season in Bucknell history.
* Finn needs one more shutout to tie three players – Betsy Doyle (1980), Cindy Barbosa (1984), Danielle Ward (1992) – for fourth on the list.
* If Bucknell makes the Patriot League Tournament, the semifinal round will be played on Friday, Nov. 4 at either American or Boston University.
* The Bison would be either the No. 3 or No. 4 seed.
* The championship game is scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 6.