This Weekend’s Meet:
Bucknell (0-2, 0-1 PL) hosts American (1-1, 0-1 PL), Lafayette (0-1, 0-1 PL) and Navy (4-0, 0-0 PL)
When: Saturday, Nov. 4 at 12 p.m.
Where: Kinney Natatorium, Lewisburg, Pa.
A Look Back at Bucknell’s Last Meets
- The Bison fell to Bryant (199-89) and Boston University (184-102) on the road.
- Against the Bulldogs, three freshmen scored their first collegiate victories: Mitch Gavars (500 freestyle, 1,000 freestyle), Kevin Adams-Mardi (50 freestyle) and Nico Pagni (200 IM).
- Matt McGoey paced the Bison against the Terriers, winning the 200 IM and taking second in the 100 breaststroke and 200 breaststroke.
- Garrett Sommer's performance over the weekend was a highlight. Against Boston University, he won the 3-meter dive with a score of 253.30, the eighth best in school history. At Bryant, he posted a score of 249.08 in the 3-meter dive to move up a spot to eighth in program history. He previously cracked Bucknell's top-10 by taking the ninth spot with a score of 233.63 against UMBC on Sept. 30.
New Additions to Bucknell’s Top 10
- Garrett Sommer: 8th in the 1-meter dive (253.30)
Moving Up in Bucknell’s Top 10
- Garrett Sommer: 8th in the 3-meter dive (249.08) (up from 9th, 233.63)
Bucknell at a Glance
- In 2016-17, the Bison finished 4-6 overall (4-3 in the Patriot League). They placed fourth (429 points) at the 10-team Patriot League Championship and 10th (134 points) at the 21-team ECAC Championship.
- Louis Behnen (1st), Chris Devlin (1st) and Jack Robinson (2nd) were Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League honorees.
- Devlin was also named the Male Swimmer of the Meet for the second-straight season after leading all swimmers with 58 points. Of Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League picks, only Devlin returns in 2017-18.
- The Bison have never finished lower than fourth at the Patriot League Championship.
American at a Glance/Series History
- The Eagles are 1-1 on the season, with a Patriot League loss to Loyola (Md.) and a non-conference win over Howard.
- In the victory over Howard, Scott Callander and Liam Riebling each won a pair of events. Callander took the 50 freestyle and 100 freestyle while Riebling won the 200 freestyle and 200 butterfly.
- The Eagles finished ninth at the 2017 Patriot League Championships.
- Bucknell leads the all-time series with American, 10-2, and rides a 10-meet winning streak over the Eagles into Saturday.
Lafayette at a Glance/Series History
- Lafayette lost its season opener to Loyola (Md.), 154-144, on Oct. 21.
- Tanner McFarland led the way against the Greyhounds, taking first in the 1,000 freestyle (10:15.51), 500 freestyle (4:53.55) and 200 butterfly (1:59.33).
- The Leopards took 10th at the Patriot League Championships
- Bucknell leads the all-time series with Lafayette, 53-4. The Bison have won the past 22 meetings dating back to 1995.
Navy at a Glance/Series History
- The Midshipmen are off to a 4-0 start behind commanding wins over East Carolina, UMBC, Johns Hopkins and Towson.
- Navy won its 14th-straight Patriot League title in 2017 and went on to take first at the 21-team ECAC Championships.
- The Midshipmen return Patriot League Diver of the Meet Bradley Buchter, who won both boards at the championship meet.
- Navy leads the all-time series against Bucknell, 14-1. The Bison’s lone victory came in 2014.
- The Bison host the Bucknell Invitational from Nov. 17-19 at Kinney Natatorium. Preliminaries will begin at 10 a.m. each day with the finals following at 6 p.m.