Women's Golf Heads to Flossmoor CC for Loyola Fall Invitational Monday-Tuesday
Setting The Scene
What: 2017 Loyola Fall Invitational, hosted by Loyola Chicago
When: Monday-Tuesday, Sept. 18-19 (54 holes), 9 a.m. shotgun starts each day
Where: Par-72, 6112-yard Flossmoor CC, Flossmoor, Ill.
The Field: 11 teams (defending champion Butler, Bucknell, Chicago State, Creighton, Green Bay, IUPUI, Loyola Chicago, Montana, Nebraska-Omaha, Valparaiso, UIC)
About the Bison
• Bucknell tees it up for the second time in 2017-18. The Bison debuted last weekend with a runner-up finish at their own fall tournament, putting up team scores of 333-310-312.
• This tournament will be a homecoming for Bucknell's lone senior, Lindsay Dodovich. A Chicago native and graduate of Trinity High School, Dodovich is Bucknell's No. 1 player. She finished sixth at last week's Bucknell Invitational, buoyed by an even-par 70 in the second round. Dodovich returns after leading the Bison with a 78.7 scoring average in 2016-17. She finished ninth at the Patriot League Championship at Saucon Valley and three other top-15 finishes, including the win at the Bucknell Invitational.
• Both of Bucknell's first-year players earned lineup spots and placed in the top 12 last week. Casey Morrow posted three consecutive 79s and finished in ninth place, while Erin Holmes improved in each round (87-80-76) and finished T-12th.
• Bucknell got four rounds in the 70s in last week's third and final round. In addition to Holmes and Morrow, Katie Childers shot 78 and Meredith Langs 79.
Bucknell at the Loyola Fall Invitational
• This will be Bucknell's first appearance in this event, which will be held for the fourth straight year at Flossmoor CC in Chicago's southwest suburbs.
• Next weekend the Bison return to head coach Lisa Francisco's alma mater for Penn State's Nittany Lion Invitational.