***The men’s race was originally scheduled for 10:30 a.m., but has been moved to a 9 a.m. start.***
Setting the Scene
What: Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational
When: Saturday, Sept. 23 – 9 a.m.
Where: Panorama Farms – 8k (Earlysville, Va.)
Live Results: FlashResults.com
Teams: Bucknell, Campbell, Charlotte, Clemson, Hampton, Loyola (Md.), Northeastern, No. 15 Virginia, William & Mary, Yale
Bucknell Runners Competing: Kyle Adams, Will Bordash, Michael Bortolot, Brian Dengler, Drew Dorflinger, Ben Littman, Connor, McMenamin, Evan Minor, Joseph Stark, Chad Sussman
About the Bison
• Bucknell is set to compete for the third time this season after a two-week break since its last meet.
• The Bison last competed at the Spiked Shoe Invitational hosted by Penn State, which included No. 3 Syracuse and No. 16 Georgetown in the five-team field.
• Freshman Michael Bortolot was named the Patriot League Rookie of the Week after taking 22nd out of 57 runners at the Spiked Shoe Invitational.
• Senior Will Bordash was Bucknell’s top finisher at Penn State, taking 12th. Sophomore Drew Dorflinger was next in 16th.
• Bucknell opened the season by winning the Bison Open. Bordash won the race, while Kyle Adams was the runner-up.
• The Bison are ranked sixth in the Mid-Atlantic Region, with Duquesne, Villanova, and Temple taking the next three spots.
Quote (Head Coach Kevin Donner)
“Although we won’t be at full strength, our men are excited about this meet, and we will see how our depth can respond with the pressure of being in a scoring position. We are racing three freshmen out of our seven runners for this weekend’s race.”
Last Year at the Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational
• Bucknell finished eighth out of 14 teams. The Bison were the top Patriot League team, beating American and Loyola (Md.).
• No. 12 BYU took first, while No. 1 Syracuse and No. 11 Virginia followed in second and third.
• Ben Siciliano is Bucknell’s top returning finisher, taking 43rd out of 113 runners.
Weekly Awards Won by the Bison
• Patriot League Rookie of the Week – Michael Bortolot (9/12)
• Bucknell will compete at the Dickinson Long/Short Invitational in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, on Saturday, Sept. 30.