Setting the Scene
What: Navy Invite
When: Saturday, Jan. 27 – 12 p.m.
Where: Lejeune Hall – Annapolis, Md.
Participating Teams: American, Georgetown, Lafayette, Navy, Shippensburg
Live Results: NavySports.com
A Look Back at the Last Meet
• Bucknell handed Lehigh its first Patriot League loss of the season, scoring a 171-129 victory on Jan. 20 at Jacobs Pool.
• Maggie Wyngowski led the way, touching the wall first in the 100 breaststroke, 200 breaststroke and 200 IM. Her time of 2:20.18 if the 200 breaststroke would have been ninth in school history if she didn't already own the third-fastest time (2:17.74).
• Julie Byrne (200 backstroke), Tally Ford (1-meter dive), Emma Hadley (100 backstroke), Mia Haggerty (1,650 freestyle), Paige Schoelkopf (3-meter dive) and Lindsay Smalec (100 butterfly) were Bucknell's other individual champions.
• Schoelkopf's winning score of 234.67 in the 3-meter dive stands ninth in Bison history. Ford's 249.15 mark in the 1-meter dive would have slotted her ninth if she didn't hold the seventh-best score (252.90) in school history.
• The 200 medley relay team of Hadley, Leah Bloodgood, Smalec and Abigail Rosenberg also raced to a first-place finish.
• In addition, Bucknell recorded 19 second- and third-place finishes, with senior captains Caroline Edelman and Julianna Foss tying for the team lead with three apiece.
Additions to Bucknell's Top 10
• Paige Schoelkopf: 9th in the 3-meter dive (2:34.67)
Bucknell at a Glance
• The Bison closed the dual meet portion of their schedule with a 6-3 (4-2 Patriot League) record. They posted their most overall and conference wins since 2014-15, when they went 7-4 (4-3 Patriot League). That season, they ultimately placed second at the Patriot League Championships.
• In 2016-17, the Bison finished 4-7 (3-4 Patriot League). They took fifth (502 points) at the 10-team Patriot League Championship and second (452 points) at the 19-team ECAC Championship.
• Abigail Rosenberg (1st), Julianna Foss (1st), Emma Hadley (1st) and Julie Byrne (2nd) were Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League honorees. All four return in 2017-18.
• Rosenberg, Foss, Handley and Byrne accounted for 156 of Bucknell's 502 points at the Patriot League Championship. Foss, a three-time All-Patriot League First Team pick, posted 48, the fifth-most by a swimmer at the meet.
• Hadley led the way at the ECAC Championships, winning a title in the 100 backstroke with a time of 54.62.
A Look Ahead
• The Bison return to Annapolis to compete at the Patriot League Championships on Feb. 14-17.