Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (5-3, 3-2 Patriot League) vs. Lehigh (6-1, 4-0 Patriot League)
When: Saturday, January 20 – 1 p.m.
Where: Jacobs Pool – Bethlehem, Pa.
A Look Back at the Last Meets
• The Bison went to West Point, N.Y. to face off against Army West Point and Boston College on Jan. 13 and then took on James Madison on Jan. 14 in their final home meet of the 2017-18 campaign. They went 1-2 over the weekend, surpassing their 2016-17 overall win total with their victory over Boston College.
• Maggie Wyngowski was Bucknell's top performer, winning a combined three events and placing in the top three in three more. Two of her individual victories came against James Madison; her time in the 200 breaststroke (2:20.23) would have been slotted ninth in the Bison annals if she didn't already own the third-fastest time (2:17.74).
• Emma Hadley won the 100 backstroke during the Bison's meet against the Eagles and Black Knights. She also led off Bucknell's victorious 400 medley relay team against the Dukes.
• In total, Bucknell posted a combined 36 top-three finishes over the weekend.
Bucknell at a Glance
• The Bison are currently 5-3 (3-2 Patriot League) on the season, exceeding their 2016-17 total in overall wins and equaling their mark in Patriot League dual victories.
• In 2016-17, the Bison finished 4-7 (3-4 Patriot League). They took fifth (502 points) at the 10-team Patriot League Championship and second (452 points) at the 19-team ECAC Championship.
• Abigail Rosenberg (1st), Julianna Foss (1st), Emma Hadley (1st) and Julie Byrne (2nd) were Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League honorees. All four return in 2017-18.
• Rosenberg, Foss, Handley and Byrne accounted for 156 of Bucknell's 502 points at the Patriot League Championship. Foss, a three-time All-Patriot League First Team pick, posted 48, the fifth-most by a swimmer at the meet.
• Hadley led the way at the ECAC Championships, winning a title in the 100 backstroke with a time of 54.62.
Lehigh at a Glance
• The Mountain Hawks are currently 6-1 (4-0 Patriot League). In their most recent dual on Jan. 9, they knocked off Army West Point, 153-147, snapping a six-year losing streak to the Black Knights behind seven event victories.
• In 2016-17, Lehigh finished 6-2 (3-2 Patriot League) and placed third (528 points) at the 10-team Patriot League Championship.
• Head coach Rob Herb was recognized as the 2017 Patriot League Women's Coach of the Year after leading the Mountain Hawks to their highest finish at the conference championship meet since 2003. Payton Miles (50 freestyle) and Meghan Thompson (1,650 freestyle) won individual titles.
• Bucknell leads the all-time series with Lehigh, 28-10, and has won nine of the past 10 meetings. The Mountain Hawks snapped a nine-meet losing streak to the Bison with their 166.5-133.5 victory at Kinney Natatorium on Jan. 21, 2017.
• Bucknell and Lehigh first squared off in 1977. The Bison have only faced Lafayette (40) more times.
A Look Ahead
• The Bison tune up for the Patriot League Championships, slated for Feb. 14-17, by attending the Navy Invite on Jan. 27.