Setting the Scene
What: 38th Annual Sun Angel Classic
When: Fri.-Sat., Apr. 7-8
Where: Joe Selleh Track – Tempe, Ariz.
Live Results: TheSunDevils.com
What: Mason Spring Invitational
When: Apr. 8 – All Day
Where: George Mason Stadium – Fairfax, Va.
Live Results: GoMason.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* The Bison return to action after competing at the Colonial Relays.
* Bucknell scored 65 points at the meet, winning the team title for the first time in program history.
* The Bison broke three school records at the meet. Christine Bendzinski broke the record in the 5,000-meter with a time of 16:37.23, beating the previous mark set by Kate Scott last season. Sarah Chandler broke the record in the steeplechase with a time of 10:39.30, smashing the previous best set by Chris Crowe in 2002. In the DMR, a team comprised of Bendzinski, Chandler, Allison Sharkey and Jenna Farmer broke the record in the race in 11:38.54, shattering the previous best set in 2006.
* Farmer posted a top-10 program performance in the 3,000m with a time of 9:50.56. Lauren Hudson recorded a leap of 5-5 in the high jump, a new personal-record and top-10 mark.
* Colleen Buckley (35:23.86) and Lauren Gronbeck (35:58.00) each recorded top-10 times in the 10,000m. In the 4x100m relay, a team comprised of Sharkey, Carli Lucke, Carly Reiner and Kaitlin Salisbury recorded a top-10 effort with a time of 47.91.
* Salisbury scored in three events, including the 100m, long jump and 4x100m relay, earning Patriot League Rookie of the Week honors for the second straight week.
* Meg Sangimino won the javelin with a toss of 139-6.
* Bucknell owns the Patriot League’s top marks in four events, including the javelin, 4x800 relay, steeplechase and the 10,000m.
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
“The extra weekend in April the past two years has given us the flexibility to add a quality meet to our schedule,” says coach Donner. “Arizona State is something new and my staff and I chose the six men and the six women who we feel could capitalize the most with the high level competition as well as the warm weather. They all fit well into the meet. The meet at Mason is also very good with a lot of the better teams attending in an unique concept with all the sprints and field events in the daytime and the distance races at night. It’s our third meet of the outdoor season and our athletes should be starting to round into form and sharpen up.”
* Christine Bendzinski (5,000m)
* Colleen Buckley (10,000m)
* Sarah Chandler (steeplechase)
* Jenna Farmer (3,000m)
* Lauren Gronbeck (10,000m)
* Christine O’Kane (10,000m)
* Meg Sangimino (javelin)
* Kate Scott (5,000m)
* Brennan Sharkey (10,000m)
* Rebecca Skovira (javelin)
* 4x100 relay
* Bucknell returns to action Apr. 14-15 to host the Bison Outdoor Classic at Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium. The two-day meet will broadcast on FloTrack. Sign up here.