Setting the Scene
What: Patriot League Outdoor Championships
When: May 5-6
Where: Goodman Campus – Bethlehem, Pa.
Watch (SATURDAY ONLY): Patriot League Network
Live Results: MitchellTiming.com
PATRIOT LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS CENTRAL
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell is set for its title defense at the Patriot League Outdoor Championships following a final tune-up over the weekend at the Maroon and Gold Invitational at Bloomsburg, earning 11 first-place finishes.
* Kaitlin Salisbury broke a 13-year old program record in the long jump, recording a leap of 19-8 ¾, beating the previous best posted by Tolu Fayanjuola in 2004. She also posted a top-10 time in the 100-meter with a mark of 12.11, now fifth-fastest in program history. On Tuesday, she earned her seventh Patriot League Female Rookie of the Week citation.
* Ella Schultz recorded a top-10 performance in the shot put, winning the event with a heave of 47-4 ½, now the second-best mark in school annals.
* Stephanie Easse won a discus event for the third consecutive week with a toss of 154-9, the third-best throw in Bison history.
* Carly Reiner won the triple jump with a leap of 39-7, third-best in the Bucknell record book.
* Anna Chiodo-Ortiz (5,000m), Gianna Mincone (800m), Janiel Slowly (100m hurdles) Alison Varano (400m hurdles), Molly Montalvo (hammer) and Chloe Brown (pole vault) each posted first-place finishes.
* Bucknell owns the top two marks in the Patriot League this season in 12 events, including the 100m, 800m, 1,500m, 5,000m, 10,000m, steeplechase, long jump, triple jump, shot put, discus, javelin and 4x8 relay.
* The Bison rank sixth in the Mid-Atlantic region, ahead of Patriot League foes Lehigh (13th), Navy (21st), Lafayette (26th), Loyola (31st) and American (T-32nd).
Patriot League Outdoor Championships History
* Bucknell is looking to capture its third straight outdoor title and its seven league championship in the last nine years.
* The Bison are in pursuit of its first triple crown since 2010, in which the team won the cross country, indoor and outdoor championships in one season.
* Bucknell scored 201.5 points last year, 50 points higher than the second-place finisher, Boston University.
* The Bison earned first-place finishes in four events. Sarah Chandler was the Patriot League champion in the 1,500m while Kate Scott won the 10,000m for the second straight season, both receiving First Team All-Patriot League honors. Christine Bendzinski was the runner-up in the 1,500m, earning second team accolades.
* A 4x800m relay squad comprised of Chandler, Bendzinski, Kathleen Fitzgerald and Colleen Buckley finished second to earn Second Team All-Patriot League honors.
* In the 4x400m relay, a team that featured Kafilat Oladiran, Reiner and Kimberley Lapszynski reached the podium with a third-place performance.
* The All-Patriot League teams are determined by the results from the championship meet, with the winners in each event, including the relays, earning First Team honors and the second-place finishers taking home Second Team accolades.
* Christine Bendzinski (800m, 1,500m, 5,000m)
* Colleen Buckley (5,000m, 10,000m)
* Sarah Chandler (800m, 1,500m, steeplechase)
* Stephanie Easse (discus)
* Jenna Farmer (3,000m)
* Kathleen Fitzgerald (1,500m)
* Lauren Gronbeck (5,000m, 10,000m)
* Christine O'Kane (10,000m)
* Laura Papili (400 hurdles)
* Kaitlin Salisbury (long jump)
* Meg Sangimino (javelin)
* Ella Schultz (shot put)
* Kate Scott (5,000m, 10,000m)
* Brennan Sharkey (10,000m)
* Elizabeth Sheprow (steeplechase)
* Rebecca Skovira (javelin)
* 4x100 relay
Bucknell Women's Track and Field 2017 Weekly Awards
* Patriot League Field Athlete of the Week – Meg Sangimino (Mar. 28)
* Patriot League Rookie of the Week – Kaitlin Salisbury (Mar. 28, Apr. 4, Apr. 25, May 2), Ella Schultz (Apr. 11)
* Patriot League Female Track Athlete of the Week – Colleen Buckley (Apr. 18)
* Bucknell is scheduled to compete at the ECAC Championships May 12-13 at Princeton.