About the USATF Junior Outdoor Championships
* To qualify for the meet, an athlete must be between the ages of 14-19.
* The top two finishers in each event will represent the United State at the Pan American Junior Championships in Trujillo, Peru (July 21-23).
USATF Junior Qualifiers
Lauren Gronbeck – 5,000-meter
(Friday – 9:00 a.m. PT)
* Gronbeck's qualifying time of 16:52.68 - fifth-fastest in school history - came at the Bison Outdoor Classic. An ECAC-qualifier in the event, Gronbeck scored in the 5,000m at the Patriot League Indoor Championships.
* Gronbeck is the third Bison in school history to run in the 5,000m at the postseason meet.
Brian Dengler – 10,000-meter
(Saturday – 8:45 a.m. PT)
* Dengler's qualifying time of 31:55.44 came at the Colonial Relays. The rookie competed in the 10,000m at two meets this season.
* Dengler is the first athlete in the Donner era to run in the 10,000m at the meet.
Drew Dorflinger – 5,000-meter
(Friday – 9:23 a.m. PT)
* Dorflinger's qualifying time of 14:18.15 - sixth-fastest in Bucknell history - came at the Bison Outdoor Classic. He earned All-Patriot League honors with a first-place finish in the race at the Patriot League Indoor Championships, receiving Male Rookie of the Meet recognition.
* Dorflinger is the second Bucknell runner and the first since Andrew Kuchta in 2013 to compete in the event.
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
“We have traditionally taken our top freshmen who have qualified and are still 19 years old or younger to the Junior Nationals. They all had a great experience and have used the extra training and extended season to help kick start their career. I am excited to see these athletes race against other athletes their own age at this national championship meet.”