Setting the Scene
What: Colonial Relays
When: Friday-Saturday, Mar. 31-Apr. 1
Where: Walter J. Zable Stadium – Williamsburg, Va.
Live Results: HalfMileTiming.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell returns to action after opening its outdoor season at the Jim Taylor Invitational.
* The Bison won 13 events at the meet, including one relay.
* Alexa DiGregorio led Bucknell with two first-place finishes, picking up wins in the long jump and triple jump, while Lauren Hudson won the individual title in the high jump.
* Jenna Farmer (5,000-meter), Christine O’Kane (steeplechase), Colleen Buckley (1,500m), Carli Lucke (400m), Laura Papili (400 hurdles), Kathleen Fitzgerald (800m), Molly Montalvo (hammer) and Stephanie Easse (discus) each won their respective event.
* Kaitlin Salisbury won the 100m and helped a 4x1 relay team earn first-place, receiving her fourth Patriot League Female Rookie of the Week citation.
* Meg Sangimino and Rebecca Skovira each set a personal-record in the javelin. Sangimino recorded a toss of 150-06, now fourth-best in program history, earning Patriot League Female Field Athlete of the Week honors. Skovira posted a heave of 148-03, which now ranks sixth all-time in school annals.
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
“After spring break and a rust buster at Susquehanna, I consider the Colonial Relays the start of our spring season,” noted Donner. “We have been a staple at this meet for many years and our athletes really enjoy the concept. We are not quite concerned with times and distances just yet, but I am looking to be competitive in the team standings and scoring well as a team.”
Last Year at Colonial Relays
* Bucknell scored in 13 events, finishing second among 44 schools.
* Sangimino (javelin), Easse (discus) and Carly Reiner (triple jump) earned top-five finishes.
* Meg Sangimino (javelin)
* Rebecca Skovira (javelin)
* 4x100 Relay
Weekly Awards Won by the Bison
* Meg Sangimino – Patriot League Female Field Athlete of the Week (Mar. 28)
* Kaitlin Salisbury – Patriot League Female Rookie of the Week (Mar. 28)
* The Bison return to action Apr. 7-8 for two meets. A group will compete at the Sun Devil Invitational, while another will compete at the George Mason Spring Invite.