About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell is set to host its first outdoor meet of the year and its sixth overall meet of the 2016-17 season.
* The Bison last competed in two meets, the Sun Angel Classic and the George Mason Invitational.
* At the Sun Angel Classic, a team comprised of Carly Reiner, Allison Sharkey, Kaitlin Salisbury and Meg Sangimino recorded a top-10 program performance in the 4x100-meter relay with an ECAC-qualifying time of 47.14.
* At the George Mason Invitational, Christine Bendzinski ran the fourth-fastest time in program history in the 800m with an ECAC-qualifying mark of 2:10.38.
* Sarah Chandler also turned in a strong performance in the 800m, completing the race with an ECAC-qualifying time of 2:11.46, now sixth-fastest in school annals.
* Ella Schultz was the runner-up in the shot put with a toss of 44-5 ½, third-best in the league. She was named Patriot League Female Rookie of the Week.
* Bucknell ranks eighth in the Mid-Atlantic region, ahead of Patriot League schools Navy (16th), Lehigh (19th), Lafayette (28th) and Loyola (29th).
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
“The Bison Outdoor Classic has developed into one of the premier meets in the nation for this particular time of the season,” says coach Donner. “We have teams as far south as Florida, as far west as Michigan and as far north as Canada coming to Lewisburg looking for high level competition. It looks like the weather will cooperate and we expect to see some tremendous performances across all events. The distance carnival on Friday night will produce times that will rank as some of the best in the nation, while the sprints and field events with teams such as Penn State, Cornell, Army and Buffalo will heat things up. Our athletes always get excited for this meet as well as next week’s Bucknell Team Challenge and we expect to compete at a high level and set ourselves up for leagues.”
Last Year at Bison Outdoor Classic
* Bendzinski set the school record in the 1,500m with a time of 4:19.99.
* Kate Scott broke the school record in the 5,000m with a mark of 16:38.21.
* Kimberley Lapszynski recorded a leap of 18-10 in the long jump, sixth-best in program history.
* Christine Bendzinski (5,000m)
* Colleen Buckley (10,000m)
* Sarah Chandler (steeplechase)
* Jenna Farmer (3,000m)
* Lauren Gronbeck (10,000m)
* Christine O’Kane (10,000m)
* Meg Sangimino (javelin)
* Kate Scott (5,000m)
* Brennan Sharkey (10,000m)
* Rebecca Skovira (javelin)
* 4x100 relay
Bucknell Women’s Track and Field 2017 Weekly Awards
* Patriot League Field Athlete of the Week – Meg Sangimino (Mar. 28)
* Patriot League Rookie of the Week – Kaitlin Salisbury (Mar. 28, Apr. 4), Ella Schultz (Apr. 11)
* Bucknell will host its final home meet of the year, the Bucknell Team Challenge, on Apr. 22.