***The potential for rain in the forecast on Saturday has caused changes to the weekend schedule. The Bison will now play one game on Saturday at 2 p.m., and a doubleheader on Sunday at noon.***
Setting the Scene
What: Colgate (7-16, 0-3 PL) at Bucknell (18-5, 3-0 PL)
When: Saturday, April 1 – 3 p.m.; Sunday, April 2 – Noon (DH)
Where: Becker Field (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Live Stats: BucknellBison.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 18-5 overall and 3-0 in the Patriot League after wins in each of its past four games, including a three-game sweep over Lafayette in the first league series for both teams.
• Raeanne Geffert was named the Patriot League Pitcher of the Week after going 2-0 against the Leopards. She allowed two runs on six hits, didn’t walk a batter, and struck out 12 over two complete-game performances.
• Geffert earned an award from the conference for the third straight week. She has been named the Pitcher of the Week twice and Rookie of the Week once.
• The Bison were one of three teams to open league play with a series sweep. They are tied atop the standings with Army West Point and Lehigh.
• Bucknell leads the league in both ERA (2.40) and offensive batting average (.322).
• Lauren Hadley leads the league in batting with a .447 average. She ranks third with nine stolen bases.
• Anna Gimmestad (.405), Paulina Gutkin (.400), and Meghan Kovac (.378) join Hadley to give the Bison four players in the top-10 in batting.
• Colgate is 7-16 overall and 0-3 in the Patriot League after being swept in a three-game series at Army West Point.
• The Raiders have a win over a Big Ten opponent this season, beating Rutgers 5-4.
• Holly Geranen (.391) and Lauren La Terra (.382) rank fifth and sixth in the Patriot League in batting.
Series History with Colgate
• Bucknell and Colgate have played 107 times, with the Raiders holding a slim 54-53 lead in the all-time series.
• The Bison have won five straight games in the series. They out-scored the Raiders 19-3 in a three-game sweep last season.
• Meghan Kovac hit a go-ahead grand slam in the fifth inning of a 4-3 win over Colgate in the series opener last year.
• Bucknell travels to play a three-game series at Lehigh on April 8-9.