Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (21-5, 6-0 PL) at Lehigh (15-15, 5-1 PL)
When: Saturday, April 8 – Noon (DH); Sunday, April 9 – Noon
Where: Leadership Park (Bethlehem, Pa.)
Live Stats: LehighSports.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is all alone in first-place in the Patriot League with an overall record of 21-5 and a conference mark of 6-0 after sweeping Lafayette and Colgate. The Bison had never been better than 3-0 in conference play prior to this season.
• The Bison have won seven games overall, including a victory over Stetson prior to the start of league play. The 21-5 record is the program’s best at this point in the season.
• Raeanne Geffert was named the Patriot League Pitcher of the Week and Rookie of the Week after picking up two complete-game wins in the series with Colgate. She allowed just one run over 14 innings. She pitched 13 straight scoreless innings in the series before giving up a solo homer in the seventh inning of the final game.
• Senior Lara Bean also pitched a shutout against the Raiders. She stranded the bases loaded twice in the final three innings in a 7-0 win in game two.
• Chaylen Andolino went 5-for-9 at the plate in the Bison’s three-game series sweep of Colgate. She tallied two doubles, two runs, and three RBIs.
• Bucknell still leads the Patriot League in both batting average (.319) and ERA (2.16). Holy Cross ranks second in batting at .282, while Army West Point is second in ERA at 2.60.
• Lauren Hadley (.435) and Anna Gimmestad (.414), Bucknell’s sophomore duo in the middle of the infield, rank first and second in batting in the Patriot League. Hadley has reached base safely in 25 straight games.
• Lehigh is 15-15 overall and 5-1 in the Patriot League after winning two of three games in a series against Lafayette. After beating the Leopards in 18-0 in the first game of a doubleheader on Sunday, the Mountain Hawks dropped the second game 3-1.
• The Mountain Hawks, who were the preseason favorite to win the conference, opened league play with a three-game sweep of defending champion Boston University.
• Nicole Yozzo leads Lehigh with a .355 batting average, while Mary-Hannah Smith at .351. Ashley Cole and Vicky Lattanzio have four home runs apiece.
• Christine Campbell is 9-4 with a 2.17 ERA.
Series History with Lehigh
• Lehigh leads 87-40 in the all-time series, which began in 1979.
• The Mountain Hawks have won eight of the past nine meetings, including three of four games last season.
• The Bison will host Saint Francis for a non-conference doubleheader Tuesday at 3 p.m.