Setting the Scene
What: Boston University (21-25, 12-3 PL) at Bucknell (23-18, 6-9 PL)
When: Saturday, May 6 – Noon (DH); Sunday, May 7 – Noon
Where: Becker Field (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Live Stats: BucknellBison.com
Live Audio: BucknellBison.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 23-18 overall and 6-9 in the Patriot League following three straight one-run losses to Holy Cross last weekend.
• Five of the Bison's nine league losses have come by just one run, including two to first-place Lehigh.
• Junior Celina Antonellis was recently named to the CoSIDA Academic All-District 2 Team. Head coach Courtnay Foster has now had a player earn the award in each of her first two seasons at Bucknell after the team went four years without an honoree.
• Freshman Raeanne Geffert is one of the top contenders for Patriot League Rookie of the Year. She ranks first in the conference in strikeouts (114), first in innings pitched (149.0), first in complete games (14), second in wins (14), and third in ERA (2.11).
• The Bison trail Holy Cross by one game for the fourth and final spot in the Patriot League Tournament with three games remaining on the schedule.
• Junior Meghan Kovac has moved into second on Bucknell's career RBIs list with 105. She is batting .362 with 36 RBIs this season.
• Lauren Hadley (.338), Anna Gimmestad (.321), Marisa Alemany (.318), Paulina Gutkin (.301), and Carolyn Wan (.300) also have a chance to finish the season with an average above .300.
• Bucknell will honor Lara Bean, Wan, Christina Martinez, Chaylen Andolino, and Jacklyn Tyburk for Senior Day prior to Saturday's games.
Scouting Boston University
• Boston is 21-25 overall and 12-3 in the Patriot League with a winning streak of four games.
• The Terriers opened the conference schedule with three losses to Lehigh, but have gone on to sweep league series against Holy Cross, Army West Point, Lafayette, and Colgate.
• Boston is the defending champion in the Patriot League.
• The teams have played 11 times, with Boston University holding a 6-5 lead.
• They played for the first time when Boston University joined the Patriot League in 2014.
• Bucknell has won four of the past six meetings.