Setting the Scene
What: Towson Invite
When: Friday, March 2 – Sunday, March 4
Where: Tiger Softball Stadium (Towson, Md.)
Friday, March 2
12:30 p.m. | Bucknell vs. Quinnipiac | Live Stats
Saturday, March 3
10 a.m. | Bucknell vs. Quinnipiac | Live Stats
3 p.m. | Bucknell vs. St. John’s | Live Stats
Sunday, March 4
12:30 p.m. | Bucknell vs. St. John’s | Live Stats
3 p.m. | Bucknell at Towson | Live Stats
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 4-6 overall after going 3-2 at UNCW’s Seahawk Softball Classic last weekend. The Bison had wins over Longwood (7-4), Maine (3-0), and UNCW (3-0) at the event.
• The Bison received two Patriot League awards on Monday. Senior Taylor Langtry was named the Pitcher of the Week, while freshman catcher Taylor Wolfgang was named the Rookie of the Week.
• Langtry pitched 11 innings without allowing an earned run while making three appearances at UNCW. She pitched a two-hit shutout in a 3-0 win over Maine, and recorded the save with 2.2 scoreless innings of relief in a 3-0 win over UNCW.
• Wolfgang went 5-for-12 with a double and three RBIs in five games at UNCW. She hit .417 to go with a .500 slugging percentage and a .462 on-base percentage. She leads the team with a .292 batting average.
• Meghan Kovac had a go-ahead two-run double in the win over Maine. She has five on the season and now ranks third in Bucknell history with 42 in her career. She needs just two more to pass Lauren Litts (2004-07) for second and six more to pass the record of 47 set by Jenny Snyder (1996-99).
Scouting the Opponents
• Quinnipiac is 1-4 after beating Kennesaw State and losing to Northern Iowa, Florida A&M, Bethune-Cookman, and George Washington at the Orange Blossom Tournament in Orlando. Miranda Magana is batting .421 (8-19) with a home run, three doubles, and six RBIs.
• St. John’s is 3-10 after splitting a doubleheader at UC Riverside. Three of the Red Storm’s losses came to nationally-ranked opponents. Christina Melendez is batting .475 (19-40) with two home runs, four doubles, and 10 RBIs.
• Towson is 10-3 after going 4-0 with two wins over Oakland and two over Charlotte at the 49er Classic. Madison Wilson is batting .563 (27-48) with nine doubles, a triple, and 12 RBIs.
Series History with the Opponents
• Bucknell and Quinnipiac first played in 2003 and are tied at 3-3 in the all-time series. The Bison won 15-11 when the teams played last season. Lauren Hadley and Meghan Kovac both homered in the win.
• St. John’s won the only meeting with Bucknell in 2009.
• Towson leads 37-18 over Bucknell in a series that began in 1983. The teams last played in 2015, a 7-2 Tigers victory in eight innings.
• Bucknell will play in Kennesaw State’s Rafter Memorial Tournament on March 10-11. The Bison will play two games against Kennesaw State, one against IPFW, and one against Belmont.