Setting the Scene
What: Rafter Memorial Tournament
When: Saturday, March 10 - Sunday, March 11
Where: Bailey Park (Kennesaw, Georgia)
Bucknell Schedule (UPDATED)
Friday, March 9
Noon | Bucknell vs. Fort Wayne| Live Stats
2 p.m. | Bucknell vs. Belmont| Live Stats
Saturday, March 10
10 a.m. | Bucknell vs. Fort Wayne | Live Stats
12:30 p.m. | Bucknell vs. Belmont | Live Stats
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 7-7 on the season after posting a 3-1 record at the Towson Invite. The Bison had two wins over St. John’s, one win against Quinnipiac, and a loss to Towson.
• The Bison racked up awards following the successful weekend of play. Meghan Kovac was named the Patriot League Player of the Week, Taylor Wolfgang earned a second straight Rookie of the Week, and Raeanne Geffert was selected as the Bison Athlete of the Week.
• Kovac and Wolfgang both hit .364 and each had a home run at Towson.
• Geffert pitched the Bison to both wins over St. John’s, going the distance on consecutive days. She took a no-hitter into the seventh inning of a 6-3 victory in the first matchup between the teams, and followed that with a 6-1 win the following day. Geffert struck out 12 while allowing just two earned runs in 14 innings of work.
• Bucknell has won six of its past eight games.
• The Bison have been successful on the basepaths this season, stealing 16 bases on 19 attempts. Lauren Hadley is a perfect 6-for-6, Paulina Gutkin is 4-for-5, and Ryanne Rokos is 3-for-3.
Scouting the Opponents
• Fort Wayne is 8-13 after a 4-2 loss to Jacksonville State. Benefiel Bailey is 6-3 with a 1.82 ERA in 12 appearances this season. She has 53 strikeouts and 21 walks in 65.1 innings, and has gone the distance in seven of her nine starts.
• Belmont is 12-3 after five straight wins over North Carolina A&T (5-0), Northern Iowa (8-6), North Carolina A&T (9-1), Butler (7-0), and Chattanooga (3-0). The Bruins haven’t allowed a run in the past 20 innings.
Series History with the Opponents
• The Bison are 2-0 against Fort Wayne, winning 4-0 in 2002 and 2-0 in 2009.
• Bucknell and Belmont will play for the first time in program history.
• The Bison will play a doubleheader at No. 11 Georgia on March 14.