About the Bison
• Bucknell is 7-10 after losing its first three games of its spring break trip to Georgia. The Bison lost a close one, 11-10 in eight innings, to Fort Wayne to open the trip, before dropping both games of a doubleheader to Kennesaw State on Monday.
• The Bison only played one game last week so they didn’t earn any weekly awards from the Patriot League, but they accumulated a bunch prior to that. Through the first three weeks of the season, the Bison tallied two Rookie of the Week awards (Taylor Wolfgang twice), two Pitcher of the Week honors (Raeanne Geffert, Taylor Langtry), and one Player of the Week accolade (Meghan Kovac).
• Four Bucknell players have started all 17 games this season – Wolfgang, Lauren Hadley, Anna Gimmestad, and Halie Mariano.
• Hadley has reached base in eight straight games. She has at least one hit in seven of those games.
• Thirty-two of Bucknell’s 100 hits this season have gone for extra bases. The Bison have 20 doubles, five triples, and seven home runs. Wolfgang and Kovac lead the team with five doubles, Paulina Gutkin has two triples, and Kovac has three home runs.
• Tenth-ranked Georgia is 22-1 and enters the doubleheader with a 21-game winning streak. Most recently, the Bulldogs swept three games with Arkansas.
• The Bulldogs’ lone loss came against then-No. 3 Oregon. They have wins over then-No.15 Utah and then-No. 19 BYU.
• Georgia is out-scoring its opponents 181-21. The Bulldogs are batting .388 while holding their opponents to a .117 average.
• Brittany Gray is 11-0 with a 0.00 ERA, giving up one unearned run in 64.0 innings of work. She has 102 strikeouts to just seven walks.
Series History with Georgia
• Bucknell and Georgia will play for the first time in program history.
• The Bison will play five games – Austin Peay twice, Rutgers twice, Mercer – at the Mercer Bears Classic over three days from Friday to Sunday.