Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (21-10) at Robert Morris (12-23)
When: Saturday, April 15 -- 3 p.m. (DH)
Where: North Athletic Complex (Moon Township, Pa.)
Live Stats: RMUColonials.com
Watch Live: NEC Front Row
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 21-10 after dropping both games of a non-conference doubleheader against Saint Francis on Tuesday.
• The Bison have lost five straight games, but three of those losses have come by just one run, including two in extra innings.
• Raeanne Geffert went the distance in all three one-run losses. She gave up just five runs in 25 innings of work, including an 11-inning outing and an eight-inning performance.
• Geffert lowered her ERA to 1.94. She leads the Patriot League in wins (12), complete games (11), innings pitched (119.0), and strikeouts (94).
• All three Bucknell pitchers rank at the top of the Patriot League in at least on category. Lara Bean ranks first in batting average against (.213), while Lauren Lichtenwalner is first in ERA (1.77) after pitching 5.1 scoreless innings of relief against Saint Francis.
• The Bison lead the Patriot League in runs scored per game (4.67), but have average just 1.2 runs over the past five games.
• Meghan Kovac moved into third all-time at Bucknell in RBIs with 100. She needs five more to pass Kristen Zahn (2012-15) for second and eight more to pass Lauren Litts (2004-07) for first.
Scouting Robert Morris
• The Colonials are 12-23 after splitting a doubleheader with LIU Brooklyn.
• Jordan Gurganus is batting .383 (49-128). She is the Colonials’ all-time hits leader with 225.
• Robert Morris has won four of the past six NEC regular season titles.
• Bucknell and Robert Morris are 2-2 in four games against each other.
• All four games have been decided by one run, including two wins by the Bison at Becker Field in 2015.
• Bucknell will play a non-conference doubleheader at Penn State on Wednesday at 5 p.m.