Setting the Scene
What: Lehigh (12-20, 6-3 PL) at Bucknell (18-18-1, 7-2 PL)
Where: Becker Field (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Go4TheGoal Game/Home Run Derby
• Friday will be Bucknell’s Go4TheGoal game as the Bison do their part in raising money to help kids with cancer achieve their goals. The Bison will wear yellow laces and will have a charity home run derby following the game.
• The players and coaching staff have raised money throughout the season and will continue to do so moving forward. So far the team has totaled $3,330 of its $5,000 goal. Please consider donating to the great cause HERE.
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 18-18-1 and unbeaten in its past 10 games after beating Mount St. Mary’s 12-8 in game one before tying 4-4 in game two on Wednesday.
• Meghan Kovac, who is already Bucknell’s career leader in home runs (10) and RBIs (134), needs just one more double to break the previous record of 47 set by Jenny Snyder from 1996-99.
• Kovac tied multiple Bucknell single-game records in Bucknell’s win over Mount St. Mary’s, going 5-for-5 with three doubles. She tied single-game records in doubles and RBIs (6).
• Lauren Hadley also homered against the Mount. It was the 29th of the season for the Bison, breaking the previous program record of 28 set by the 2009 team.
• Over the past nine games, Lauren Hadley is batting .548 (17-31) with two doubles, two triples, three home runs, 10 RBIs, and 12 runs scored. She leads the Patriot League in batting average (.387), slugging percentage (.703), and on-base percentage (.456).
• Raeanne Geffert looks to continue her success against Patriot League opponents this season. In league play, she is 7-1 with a 0.46 ERA, including three complete games and two shutouts. She has given up just three earned runs in 45.2 innings of work while striking out 43 batters and walking just five. League opponents are batting just .178 against the sophomore.
• Bucknell will honor five players – Celina Antonellis, Paulina Gutkin, Kovac, Taylor Langtry, and Maddie Minneci – for Senior Day prior to Saturday’s doubleheader.
• Lehigh is 12-20 overall and 6-3 in the Patriot League after splitting a doubleheader with Saint Joseph’s. In their most recent league series, the Mountain Hawks lost two of three games to Boston University.
• The Mountain Hawks have won the Patriot League regular season title and hosting rights for the conference tournament in each of the past six seasons.
• Emily Sorem was voted the Preseason Patriot League Pitcher of the Year.
• Lehigh leads 90-40 in the all-time series. The teams first played in 1979.
• The Mountain Hawks won all three games last season, but two of the victories came by just one run.
• The Bison will play three games at Colgate on April 21-22.