Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (23-19-1, 12-3 PL) at Penn State (7-35, 3-14 Big Ten)
When: Wednesday, April 25 – 5 p.m. (DH)
Where: Beard Field (University Park, Pa.)
Live Stats: GoPSUSports.com
Watch Live: LionVision
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 23-19-1 overall and 12-3 in the Patriot League after winning all three games in a conference series at Colgate this past weekend.
• The Bison are 13-1-1 over their past 15 games. • Tara Baglivo was named the Patriot League Rookie of the Week after going 6-for-10 at the plate in the three-game sweep over Colgate. It was the first weekly award of her career. She is batting .371 in 14 league games.
• Meghan Kovac currently has a nine-game hitting streak. She is the school’s all-time leader in home runs, doubles, and RBIs.
• Offensively, Bucknell ranks first in the Patriot League in home runs (33), slugging (.435), walks (115), and on-base percentage (.353).
• Sophomore Raeanne Geffert has led a solid Bison pitching staff. She ranks in the top three in the league in ERA (1.88), opposing batting average (.231), innings pitched (156.2), strikeouts (133), and wins (17).
• Marisa Alemany is doing her job as a leadoff hitter. The sophomore has reached base in 20 consecutive games.
Scouting Penn State
• Penn State is 7-35 overall and 3-14 in the Big Ten. The Lions have lost seven straight games while playing Michigan State, Saint Francis, and Indiana.
• Tori Dubois is batting .310 with eight doubles and seven home runs.
• Penn State leads 30-6 in the all-time series. The teams first played in 1986.
• The Lions have won 10 straight games in the series.
• Bucknell’s last win came in 2007.
• The Bison will travel to play three games at Boston University on Saturday and Sunday, a series that could determine the Patriot League regular season champion and host for the conference tournament.