Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (25-19-1, 12-3 PL) at Boston University (31-17, 10-2 PL)
Where: BU Softball Field (Boston, Mass.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 25-19-1 overall and 12-3 in the Patriot League following a three-game sweep in a league series at Colgate and a doubleheader sweep in non-conference action at Penn State.
• The Bison are 16-1-1 over their past 18 games.
• With wins in two of the three games this weekend, Bucknell would clinch at least a share of the Patriot League regular season title and hosting rights for the conference tournament. The Bison have never hosted the tournament.
• Meghan Kovac hit her 13th home run of the season against Penn State on Wednesday. That ranks fourth in Patriot League history and is just three shy of tying the single-season record of 16 hit by Colgate’s Melissa Rawson in 2003.
• The Bison have smashed the program record for home runs in a season • Lauren Hadley has raised her average to an impressive .382 and her on-base percentage to .440.
• Leadoff batter Marisa Alemany has reached base in 22 consecutive games.
• Senior Taylor Langtry has been strong as of late. She pitched great in the final game of a series against Lehigh and picked up the win in the second game of the doubleheader against Penn State. The wins over Penn State were the second and third over Big Ten teams this season for the Bison.
Scouting Boston University
• Boston University is 31-17 overall and 10-2 in the Patriot League. The Terriers have won each of their past 13 games.
• Highlighting the Terriers’ season so far is a win over then-No. 1 Oklahoma.
• Ali DuBois is 22-6 with a 1.91 ERA. She has seven shutouts on the season.
• Boston University leads 8-5. The teams first played in 2014.
• The Terriers have won four of the past five meetings.
• The Bison swept a three-game series in 2015.