Setting The Scene
What: 2017 Quechee Club Collegiate Challenge
When: Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 23-24 (36 holes)
Where: Par-72, 6,840-yard Quechee Club (Highland Course), Quechee, Vt.
The Field: 14 teams (Brown, Bucknell, Central Connecticut, Cornell, Dartmouth, Drexel, Fordham, Hartford, Harvard, Holy Cross, Princeton, Rhode Island, Siena and Temple)
Live Stats: GolfStat.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell will return to the five-man lineup used in the season-opener at the Turning Stone-Tiger Intercollegiate, with juniors J.P. Raftery, Jubal Early and Connor O'Brien joining sophomore Peter Bradbeer and freshman Chris Tanabe.
• The Bison posted team scores of 304-293-300 last week at the Cornell Invitational and placed 13th in a 16-team field. The highlight of the weekend was a bogey-free, 4-under-par 67 from O'Brien in the second round. He was the low Bison at 221 for 54 holes and placed T-30th. Jack Gregor and J.B. Thompson made their season debuts at Cornell, as Raftery, Early and Bradbeer got the weekend off.
• Raftery has the team's low scoring average at 76.0, followed by O'Brien at 76.8 and Tanabe at 76.9. Tanabe has averaged 74.4 over his last seven rounds after starting 84-87 on a horrible weather day at Turning Stone.
• Bucknell has claimed three sub-par rounds thus far: O'Brien's 4-under 67 last week at Cornell, Tanabe's 1-under 71 at Colgate's Alex Lagowitz Memorial Invitational and Raftery's 1-under 71 at Turning Stone.
Bucknell at the Quechee Club Collegiate Challenge
• This will be Bucknell's first appearance at the event.
• Rhode Island is the defending champion. The Rams shot 279-299 last year to hold off Harvard by two shots. Chris Houston of Rhode Island was the medalist at 4-under.
• The Bison return to actoin Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 at Yale's MacDonald Cup in New Haven, Conn.