Setting the Scene
What: Binghamton Championships
When: Friday, Sept. 22-Sunday, Sept. 24
Where: Tennis Complex (Vestal, N.Y.)
Teams: Binghamton, Bucknell, Colgate, Niagara, NJIT
About the Bison
• Bucknell is set to compete for the third time this fall when it travels to New York for the Binghamton Championships.
• The Bison played at the Purdue Fall Invitational last weekend. Seniors Max Kane and Timber Erskine advanced to the semifinal round of Flight B doubles.
• Seniors Daniel Wright and Ben Gerber also traveled to Purdue and won their opening match in Flight A doubles.
• Erskine is 5-1 in doubles this fall. He teamed with freshman Drew Krantz to go 3-0 and win the Flight 2 doubles title at the Bucknell Fall Invite.
• Sophomore Colin Sacco enters the weekend with a perfect 4-0 record in singles. He won the Flight 3 singles title at the Bucknell Fall Invite.
Scouting the Opponents
• Binghamton will compete for the first time this fall. The Bearcats went 7-15 overall and 2-5 in the MAC last season. Ludovico Cestarollo and Kushaan Nath were named All-MAC.
• Colgate won six singles flight titles and three doubles flight titles at the Daemen Invite last weekend. The Raiders went 10-9 overall and 3-2 in the Patriot League last spring. Jacob Daugherty was a First Team All-Patriot League selection.
• Niagara had two players make the finals at the Daemen Invite last weekend. The Purple Eagles went 6-17 overall and 2-5 in the MAAC last spring.
• NJIT opened this fall at the Army Shootout. The Highlanders went 7-14 overall and 1-5 in the Atlantic Sun last spring. Aleksa Petrovic was named to the Atlantic Sun All-Freshman Team.
• The Bison will compete at the Mount St. Mary’s Invitational on Oct. 6-8.