Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell men’s tennis spring break trip to California (7 matches)
When: March 11-15
Bucknell Match Schedule -- Times are EST
Saturday, March 11
at Cypress – 1 p.m. | Cypress College Tennis Center (Cypress, Calif.)
Sunday, March 12
at UC San Diego – Noon. | Northview Tennis Courts (San Diego, Calif.)
Monday, March 13
at UC Riverside – Noon | SRC Tennis Courts (Riverside, Calif.)
at Point Loma – 3 p.m. | PLNU Tennis Courts (San Diego, Calif.)
Wednesday, March 15
vs. Western New Mexico -- Noon | San Diego, Calif.
About the Bison
• Bucknell is set to play seven matches in California starting on Saturday. The Bison will play Cypress, UC San Diego, Pepperdine twice, UC Riverside, Point Loma, and Western New Mexico.
• The Bison are 2-10 following a loss to Duquesne, but prior to that they posted a 4-3 win over Hofstra.
• Daniel Wright, Bryan Adams, Max McDonald, and Colin Sacco had singles wins against the Pride. Wright’s came over Marcus Smith, a Second Team All-CAA selection.
• Max Kane has the team’s best overall record and dual record. He is 11-6 overall and 4-4 during the spring season.
• Adams and Timber Erskine still have the best doubles record this spring at 4-2.
Scouting the Opponents
• Cypress – The Chargers are 7-3 with back-to-back 9-0 wins over Riverside and El Camino. Under a first-year head coach, they are off to a great start after going winless in the five previous seasons.
• UC San Diego – The Tritons are 6-5 following losses to Hawaii Pacific and Georgetown. They are ranked 14th in the nation in Division II. The Tritons advanced to the round of 16 in the national tournament last season.
• UC Riverside – The Highlanders are 6-8 after posting 4-3 wins over Concordia and Villanova. Nabil Abdallah is 5-5 this spring, including 3-2 record at No. 4 singles.
• Point Loma – The Sea Lions are 2-9 after a 9-0 win over Sonoma State. Brendon Millington is 6-2 during the spring, including a 3-1 mark on court one.
• Western New Mexico – The Mustangs are 5-4 after an 8-1 loss to No. 23 St. Mary’s University (Texas). Vladimir Gnilozubov is 6-1 during the spring, including a 5-1 record on court three.
Series History with the Opponents
• The Bison will play all five teams for the first time in program history.
• Bucknell will play its first home match of the spring when it hosts Mount St. Mary’s on Wednesday, March 22.