***Today's home match (4/4) against Lehigh has been rescheduled for Sunday, April 16, at 2 p.m.***
Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell Men’s Tennis
When: Friday, April 7-Sunday, April 9
Where: Bucknell Tennis Courts (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Friday, April 7
vs. Saint Francis – 3 p.m.
Saturday, April 8
vs. Navy – 11 a.m.
Sunday, April 9
vs. Lafayette – 2 p.m.
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 8-14 overall and 2-1 in the Patriot League after three straight wins over Holy Cross (4-0 score), Loyola (5-2), and Coppin State (6-1).
• The Bison have won four of their past five matches.
• Max Kane has won three straight matches. He won in straight sets on court four against Mount St. Mary’s, and then won in straight sets on court three against Loyola and Coppin State.
• Ben Gerber, Max Haase, Max Palmer, Colin Sacco, and Daniel Wright have all won back-to-back matches.
• During its current three-match winning streak, Bucknell is out-scoring its opponents 15-3.
Scouting the Opponents
• Saint Francis – The Red Flash are 13-3 with seven straight wins, including a 5-2 victory over Lehigh. Franz Luna is 11-2 while playing at No. 2 singles.
• Navy – The Mids are 16-17 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League after a 5-2 win over The Citadel. They have a league win over Lehigh and a loss to Boston University. Senior Thomas Pecor was a Second Team All-Patriot League selection last season.
• Lafayette – The Leopards are 6-9 overall and 1-2 in the Patriot League after losses to Loyola and Army West Point. They have a league win over Holy Cross.
Series History with Opponents
• Bucknell leads the all-time series with Saint Francis 13-3. The teams first met in 1995. The Red Flash won 4-3 last season. Daniel Wright and Bryan Adams had singles wins for the Bison.
• Navy leads the all-time series with Bucknell 39-0, including a 7-0 victory last season.
• Bucknell leads the all-time series with Lafayette 49-20. The teams first played in 1936. The Bison won 7-0 last season, including singles victories by Daniel Wright, Max Kane, Andrei Vitiuc, Timber Erskine, and Max McDonald. The Bison have won 15 straight matches in the series, including 7-0 shutouts in each of the past two seasons. The Leopards last won in 2003.
• Bucknell will play at Colgate on Saturday, April 15, and will host Lehigh on Sunday, April 16.