Setting the Scene
What: Purdue Fall Invitational
Where: Schwartz Tennis Center/Purdue Rec Sports Center Tennis Courts (West Lafayette, Ind.)
Participating Teams: Ball State, Bucknell, Butler, Cardinal Stitch, Chicago State, Cleveland State, Illinois State, IUPUI, Marquette, Olivet Nazarene, Purdue, South Dakota State, Washington University, Green Bay
Friday, Sept. 15 – play begins at 8 a.m. ET
First and second rounds of singles
First round of doubles
Second round of doubles, time permitting
Saturday, Sept. 16 – play begins at 8 a.m.
Second round of doubles, if not completed Friday
Semifinals of singles Semifinals of doubles
Finals of doubles, time permitting
Sunday, Sept. 17 – play begins at 9 a.m.
Finals of doubles, if not completed Saturday
Finals of singles
About the Bison
• Bucknell will send its four seniors – Timber Erskine, Ben Gerber, Max Kane, and Daniel Wright – to the Purdue Fall Invitational.
• Kane and Erskine each won singles titles at the season-opening Bucknell Fall Invite. Erskine added a first-place finish in doubles.
• Kane’s title was especially impressive as it came in the top flight and included wins over a pair of all-conference players. The Bison senior defeated Alec Dylan Foo-Kune, a two-time All-NEC selection for Saint Francis, in the semifinal round, and then topped Hofstra’s Marcus Smith, an All-CAA honoree, in the championship match.
• Erskine didn’t lose a set while going 3-0 on his way to a first-place finish in Flight 4. All three wins came against Patriot League opponents.
• Erskine was unbeaten on the weekend, teaming with freshman Drew Krants for three wins and a first-place finish in Flight 2 doubles.
• Wright and Gerber were the runner-up team in Flight 1 doubles.
• Bucknell will travel to compete at the Binghamton Championships on Sept. 22-24.