Setting the Scene
Saturday, Jan. 20 – 10 a.m. B
ucknell (0-0) at No. 3 North Carolina (0-0) | Cone-Kenfield Tennis Center (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
Saturday, Jan. 20 – 12:30 p.m.
Bucknell (0-0) vs. Wofford (0-0) | Cone-Kenfield Tennis Center (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell opens the 2018 spring season with a pair of matches in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, on Saturday. The Bison start with a tough match against the host, North Carolina, and then follow that with a neutral-site match against Wofford.
• The Bison were scheduled to play two Power Five teams in the first two days of the season, but the match against Penn State originally scheduled for Sunday has been canceled.
• Colin Sacco (7-2), Max Garramone (5-4), Timber Erskine (4-4), and Drew Krantz (2-2) all went .500 or better during the fall season.
• Bucknell had two doubles teams go 3-1 during the fall – Garramone/Max Kane and Erskine/Krantz.
Scouting No. 3 North Carolina
• The Tar Heels were the runner-up in the NCAA Tournament last season, going 5-1 with a loss to Virginia in the championship match.
• North Carolina has played in the NCAA Tournament in each of the past four seasons.
• The Tar Heels open the season Saturday after having their opening two matches canceled due to weather.
• The Terriers went 13-10 overall and 3-4 in the Southern Conference last season. They fell to UNCG in the first round of the conference tournament.
• Wofford graduated its lone all-conference player from last season.
• Lucas Cerbelli was a Southern Conference All-Freshman honoree last season.
• The Bison will play at the NJIT Winter Invitational on Jan. 27-28.