Setting the Scene
Saturday, March 24
3 p.m. | Bucknell (3-15, 0-0 PL) vs. Holy Cross (2-5, 0-0 PL) | Licthenberg Tennis Center (West Point, N.Y.)
5:30 p.m. | Bucknell (3-15, 0-0 PL) vs. Lafayette (2-6, 0-0 PL) | Licthenberg Tennis Center (West Point, N.Y.)
Sunday, March 25
11:30 a.m. | Bucknell (3-15, 0-0 PL) at Army (9-9, 1-0 PL) | Licthenberg Tennis Center (West Point, N.Y.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is coming off three straight losses, but all three came against top-notch competition as the Bison played Pepperdine, Michigan State, and Penn State.
• Prior to that stretch, Bucknell posted a 6-1 win over Cypress College.
• The current senior class is 8-9 in Patriot League play during their careers. The team went 3-4 in league play last season, including wins over Holy Cross, Loyola, and Lafayette.
• Regardless of the team’s record during the regular season or what seed it is entering the postseason, the seniors have helped the team advance to the semifinal round of the Patriot League Tournament in each of their first three seasons. They knocked off fourth-seeded Colgate in 2015, third-seeded Boston University in 2016, and third-seeded Lehigh in 2017.
Scouting the Opponents
• Holy Cross is 2-5 after back-to-back 7-0 losses to Sacred Heart and Colgate. The Crusaders have wins over St. Anselm and Clark.
• Lafayette is 2-6 with losses in its past six matches to Saint Peter’s, Wagner, St. Francis Brooklyn, Siena, Delaware, and Army. The Leopards have wins over Muhlenberg and Rider.
• Army is 9-9 overall and 1-0 in the Patriot League after back-to-back wins over San Francisco and Lafayette. The Black Knights have won five of their past six matches.
Series History with the Opponents
• The Bison are a perfect 11-0 against Holy Cross, including a 4-0 win last season. The teams first played in 1992.
• Bucknell leads the all-time series with Lafayette 50-20. The teams first played in 1936. The Bison have won 16 straight matches in the series, including 7-0 shutouts in each of the past three seasons. The Leopards last won in 2003.
• Army West Point leads the all-time series 31-3, including a 4-0 win last season.
• The Bison will host Colgate on Sunday, April 1.