Setting the Scene
Sunday, April 1
11 a.m. | Bucknell (5-16, 2-1 PL) vs. Colgate (11-4, 2-0 PL) | Hershey Racquet Club (Hershey, Pa.)
Tuesday, April 3
3 p.m. | Bucknell (5-16, 2-1 PL) at Mount St. Mary’s (5-9, 2-1 NEC) | Mount St. Mary’s Tennis Center (Emmitsburg, Md.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is coming off a solid start to Patriot League play with a 2-1 record last weekend. The Bison opened with wins over Holy Cross and Lafayette before losing a hard-fought match to Army West Point.
• In the Bison’s 5-0 win over Holy Cross, Max McDonald, Colin Sacco, Ben Gerber, and Max Garramone all had singles victories. The doubles teams of Daniel Wright/Max Kane, McDonald/Andrei Vitiuc, and Gerber/Drew Krantz completed a sweep.
• Bucknell won in similar fashion against Lafayette, taking all four completed singles matches and all three doubles contests. Kane, Sacco, Gerber, and Krantz won in singles, while the teams of Gerber/Wright, Vitiuc/McDonald, and Timber Erskine/Garramone were victorious in doubles.
• The Bison are tied with Colgate for the second most league wins. Army West Point leads the way with a perfect 4-0 record.
• Wright ranks fifth in career singles wins at Bucknell with 67, while Kane is seventh with 62.
• Colgate is 11-4 overall and 2-0 in the Patriot League and has a six-match winning streak. The wins came over NYU, St. Bonaventure, UConn, Quinnipiac, Holy Cross, and Lehigh.
• Jacob Daugherty is a three-time All-Patriot League player, including First Team in each of the past two seasons.
Series History with Colgate
• Colgate leads 52-17 in the all-time series with Bucknell, including a 4-3 win last season. Max Kane, Andrei Vitiuc, and Max McDonald had singles wins.
• Bucknell’s last win in the series came in 2015.
Scouting Mount St. Mary’s
• Mount St. Mary’s is 5-9 overall and 2-1 in the NEC with back-to-back wins over Sacred Heart and St. Francis Brooklyn.
• Parth Sharma is 11-2 while playing all 13 of his matches on court three. He has a six-match winning streak.
Series History with Mount St. Mary’s
• Bucknell is 19-2 in the all-time series with Mount St. Mary’s. The teams first played in 1992.
• The Bison beat The Mount 4-3 last season. Picking up singles victories were Andrei Vitiuc, Max Kane, and Max McDonald.
• Bucknell will play St. Francis Brooklyn in Flushing, New York, on Saturday, April 7.