Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (5-17) vs. St. Francis Brooklyn (3-11)
When: Saturday, April 7 – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Bille Jean King National Tennis Center (Flushing, N.Y.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 5-17 overall, but has a solid 2-2 record in the Patriot League. The Bison won back-to-back league matches over Lafayette and Holy Cross before dropping its most recent two to Army West Point and Colgate.
• Daniel Wright was recently named the Patriot League Player of the Week for his performance in the match against Colgate. He won in straight sets over Jacob Daugherty on court one. Daugherty is a three-time All-Patriot League selection.
• Wright is 3-1 in Patriot League regular season matches over the last two seasons.
• As a team, Bucknell is 9-7 in Patriot League singles matches. The Bison are 8-2 in league doubles matches.
• The Bison won the doubles point against Colgate. Wright and Gerber were winners on court one, while Timber Erskine and Max Garramone were winners on court three.
Scouting St. Francis Brooklyn
• St. Francis Brooklyn is 3-11 overall and 0-4 in the NEC after losing three straight matches to Saint Francis, Wagner, and Mount St. Mary’s.
• Alejandro Ridruejo is 10-4 with all 14 of his matches being played on court one.
• Bucknell and St. Francis Brooklyn will play for the first time in program history.
• The Bison will play at Lehigh on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.