Setting the Scene
Saturday, April 21
10 a.m. | Boston University (12-11, 2-2 PL) at Bucknell (5-20, 2-4 PL) | Varsity Courts (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Sunday, April 22
12 p.m. | Bucknell (5-20, 2-4 PL) at Loyola (9-4, 2-2 PL) | McClure Tennis Center (Baltimore, Md.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell closes the regular season with a pair of league matches as it tries to get the best possible seed for the Patriot League Tournament the following weekend.
• The Bison are set to play all eight league opponents in a season for the first time. The Patriot League became a nine-team conference in men’s tennis with the addition of Boston University prior to the 2013-14 season.
• Three current players rank in the top 25 in program history in singles wins. Daniel Wright is fifth with 69, Max Kane is seventh with 62, and Ben Gerber is 23rd with 46.
• Timber Erskine, Gerber, Kane, and Wright will be honored for Senior Day prior to Saturday’s match. The senior class has won 44 matches during their career.
Scouting Boston University
• Boston University is 12-11 overall and 2-2 in the Patriot League after a 4-0 win over Holy Cross. The Terriers also have a league win over Navy and losses to Army West Point and Lehigh.
• David Bogatin is 13-4 while playing matches ranging from court two to court six.
• Satyajit Simhadri was a Second Team All-Patriot League selection last season.
Series History with Boston University
• Bucknell leads 4-1 in the all-time series, including a win as the sixth seed over the third-seeded Terriers in the quarterfinal round of the 2016 Patriot League Tournament.
• Daniel Wright and Andrei Vitiuc had singles wins in the most recent victory over the Terriers.
• Loyola is 9-4 overall and 2-2 in the Patriot League after back-to-back wins over Lafayette and Coppin State.
• The Greyhounds also have a league win over Holy Cross and losses to Army West Point and Lehigh.
• The Patriot League Tournament will be played at Colgate on April 26-29. The Bison will likely open with a quarterfinal match on Friday, April 27.