Setting the Scene
(Saturday, March 25 – Noon)
What: Bucknell (7-4, 0-0 PL) at Colgate (4-7, 0-0 PL)
Where: Turning Stone Sportsplex (Verona, N.Y.)
(Tuesday, March 28 – 3 p.m.)
What: Villanova (0-12) at Bucknell (7-4)
Where: Varsity Tennis Courts (Lewisburg, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 7-4 overall following a 7-0 win over Mount St. Mary’s. It was the third shutout of the season for the Bison.
• Lauren Fishbein, Michele Urbinati, Madeline Melch, Paige Leavy, Mishi Papich, and Melissa Parks all had singles wins against The Mount.
• Bucknell opens conference play at Colgate on Saturday. The Bison were picked fifth in the Patriot League Preseason poll. The Raiders came in at seventh.
• Lisa Jouravleva is the reigning Patriot League Player of the Week. She went 2-0 in singles in matches against Fairleigh Dickinson and LIU Brooklyn last week, and went 2-0 in doubles in matches against Fairfield and LIU Brooklyn. Jouravleva is 4-0 in singles this spring.
• Parks has the team’s best record at 7-1. She is 1-0 on court four, 2-0 on court five, and 4-1 on court six.
• Fishbein has been fantastic at the top half of the lineup. She is 8-2, going 2-1 on court one, 5-1 on court two, and 1-0 on court three.
• Colgate is 4-7 after losses to BYU-Hawaii (9-0 score) and Cornell (6-1).
• The Raiders’ lone Division I win came by a 7-0 score over La Salle.
• Sophomore Lauren Hyland was a Second Team All-Patriot League selection last season.
Series History with Colgate
• Bucknell is 19-20 all-time against Colgate. The teams first met in 1977.
• The Bison have won the past four matches in the series. The last three wins have come by a combined 15-0 score.
• Michele Urbinati and Madeline Melch had singles wins in Bucknell’s 4-0 victory last season.
• Villanova is 0-12 after a 6-1 loss at Delaware.
• The Wildcats will play at Lehigh and at Rider prior to Tuesday’s match against Bucknell.
• Villanova went 12-11 last season.
Series History with Villanova
• Bucknell is 13-6 all-time against Villanova. The teams first met in 1995.
• Villanova won 4-3 last season. Papich won at No. 4 singles for Bucknell.
• The Bison won the two meetings prior to that.
• Bucknell has four matches over a span of three days. The Bison will play at Morgan State on March 31, at Loyola and at Coppin State on April 1, and at Navy on April 2.
Weekly Awards Won by the Bison
• Patriot League Player of the Week (2) – Lauren Fishbein (2/28), Lisa Jouravleva (3/21)