Setting the Scene
Friday, Feb. 16 – 4 p.m.
Bucknell (4-1) vs. Saint Francis (0-6) | The Club Sport and Health (Monroeville, Pa.)
Saturday, Feb. 17 – 2 p.m.
Bucknell (4-1) at Youngstown State (1-7) | Boardman Tennis Center (Boardman, Ohio)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 4-1 overall after splitting its two matches last week. The Bison saw their three-match winning streak come to an end with a 7-0 loss at Drexel, but bounced back with a 7-0 win over Wagner the following day.
• Head coach Rebecca Helt was impressed with the shutout of Wagner. The Bison lost to the Seahawks last season.
• Four players – Lisa Jouravleva, Paige Leavy, Schuyler La Barge, and Mishi Papich – are 4-1 in singles after going 1-1 last week.
• The doubles teams of Papich/Cayla Koch and Jouravleva/Leavy are also 4-1.
Scouting Saint Francis
• Saint Francis is 0-6 with losses to Navy, James Madison, Wright State, Lehigh, Carnegie Mellon, and Dayton.
• The Red Flash were 8-12 overall and 3-1 in the NEC last season.
• Laura Gutierrez and Lucia Seigford were voted to the NEC All-Rookie Team last season.
Scouting Youngstown State
• Youngstown State is 1-7 after a 4-3 win over UC Riverside.
• Anastasiaa Khokhlova has been the Penguins’ best player this spring with a 4-4 record. She is 2-3 on court three and 2-1 on court four.
Series History with Youngstown State
• Bucknell and Youngstown State have met just one time, a 5-2 win by the Penguins in 2015.
• The Bison will play at Saint Joseph’s on Feb. 24, and against Marist on Feb. 25.