Setting the Scene
Saturday, Feb. 24 – 6 p.m.
Bucknell (4-3) at Saint Joseph’s (0-3) | Springton Tennis Club (Media, Pa.)
Sunday, Feb. 25 – 10:30 a.m.
Bucknell (4-3) vs. Marist (2-3) | Northwood Racquet Club (Easton, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 4-3 after losing road matches to Saint Francis and Youngstown State last weekend. Both matches finished with a 5-2 score.
• Senior Lisa Jouravleva won the only singles match she played, 7-6, 4-6, 7-6, on court one against Saint Francis. She improved to 5-1 this spring, all in the top spot of the lineup
• Freshman Sofia Ayuso also won the only singles match she played, 6-3, 0-6, 6-2, on court five against Youngstown State. She stayed unbeaten at 3-0 this spring.
• Jouravleva teamed with sophomore Paige Leavy for Bucknell’s lone doubles win last weekend. The duo has the team’s best record at 5-2 during the spring.
Scouting Saint Joseph’s
• Saint Joseph’s is 0-3 with losses to Delaware, U.C. Irvine, and Towson. All three matches were played on the Hawks’ home courts.
• The Hawks went 6-16 last season.
Series History with Saint Joseph’s
• Bucknell is 7-1 all-time against Saint Joseph’s.
• The Bison won the first seven meetings before the Hawks won in 2013.
• Marist is 2-3 after posting a 7-0 win over Saint Peter’s. The Red Foxes also have a win over Rider and losses to Seton Hall, St. John’s, and Connecticut.
• The Red Foxes went 8-8 overall and 5-2 in the MAAC last season.
Series History with Marist
• Bucknell leads the all-time series 3-1, including a 6-1 win last season. • Paige Leavy, Madeline Melch, and Mishi Papich had singles victories against the Red Foxes last season.
• The Bison will play Siena on Friday, March 2, and a league match against Colgate on Saturday, March 3. Both matches will be played at the Hershey Racquet Club.