Setting the Scene
What: Navy Blue & Gold Invitational
Where: Tose Family Tennis Center (Indoor), Fluegel-Moore Tennis Stadium at the Brigade Sports Complex (Outdoor), Bancroft Hall Eighth Wing Tennis Courts (Outdoor) – all in Annapolis, Md.
When: Play will begin at 9 a.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Important Event Info: The courts at the Brigade Sports Complex are open to the public. Fans must show photo ID and walk through the Gate One pedestrian gate to watch the action at the Eighth Wing courts.
Teams Competing: Bucknell, Buffalo, Delaware, Fairleigh Dickinson, George Mason, George Washington, Howard, Navy, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Towson
About the Bison
* This weekend will be the fourth and final event of the fall season for Bucknell.
* Most recently, the team competed at the Lehigh Invitational. Senior Michele Urbinati and sophomore Mishi Papich won the consolation draw of their respective brackets. Urbinati improved to 4-4 on the season, while Papich upped her record to 5-3.
* Freshman Paige Leavy has the most wins and best winning percentage on the team with a record of 6-3. She has one tournament title with a first-place finish at the season-opening Bucknell Fall Invite.
* Joining Leavy and Papich with winning records in singles are freshman Jill Auteri (5-3) and sophomore Danielle Gannon (4-3).
* Auteri has the other singles title for the Bison. It also came at the Bucknell Fall Invite.
* Three doubles teams lead Bucknell with 4-2 records. The combos are Lauren Fishbein/Urbinati, Auteri/Gannon, and Emilie Bush/Leavy.
* This weekend marks the seventh straight year of the Navy Blue & Gold Invitational. Bucknell will be a first-time participant.
* Senior Michele Urbinati ranks 25th at Bucknell in career singles wins with a record of 35-40. She ranks 12th in doubles wins with a record of 47-31 and 19th in combined victories with a mark of 82-71.
* The Bison will begin their fall season on Feb. 4, when they play La Salle at the Hershey Racquet Club.