Setting the Scene
What: La Salle (0-2) vs. Bucknell (0-0)
When: Saturday, Feb. 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Where: Hershey Racquet Club (Hershey, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell opens the spring season with a match against La Salle at the Hershey Racquet Club on Saturday night.
• The Bison were picked to finish fifth in the Patriot League Preseason Poll. Boston University, Navy, Army West Point, and Lehigh were the top four teams in the poll, while Loyola, Colgate, Lafayette, and Holy Cross were the bottom four.
• Bucknell went 16-9 overall and 4-2 in the Patriot League last season. They beat Lehigh in the quarterfinal round of the conference tournament before falling to Boston University in the semifinals.
• Sophomore Mishi Papich and freshmen Jill Auteri and Paige Leavy all posted 6-4 records in singles play during the fall season.
• Auteri teamed with sophomore Danielle Gannon for a 4-2 record in doubles during the fall.
• Seniors Melissa Parks and Michele Urbinati will serve as team captains this season.
Scouting La Salle
• La Salle is 0-2 with a 4-0 loss at Drexel and a 6-1 loss at Lafayette.
• The Explorers went 0-16 last season and lost to Davidson in the opening round of the Atlantic 10 Tournament.
Series History with La Salle
• Bucknell leads the all-time series 6-0
• The Bison won 7-0 last year. Melissa Parks, Emilie Bush, and Allie Lane had singles victories.
• The teams first played in 1991.
• Bucknell plays at Binghamton on Saturday, Feb. 11. The Bison follow that with a match against Wagner at the Northwood Racquet Club in Easton, Pennsylvania, on Sunday, Feb. 12.