Setting the Scene
(Saturday, Feb. 11 – 3:30 p.m.)
What: Bucknell (1-0) at Binghamton (1-3)
Where: Binghamton Tennis Center (Binghamton, N.Y.)
(Sunday, Feb. 12 – 11:30 a.m.)
What: Bucknell (1-0) vs. Wagner (5-1)
Where: Northwood Racquet Club (Easton, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 1-0 after a 7-0 win over La Salle in the season opener. It was the Bison’s first season-opening win since beating Saint Francis in 2013.
• Michele Urbinati, Lisa Jouravleva, Madeline Melch, Melissa Parks, Danielle Gannon, and Allie Lane all had singles victories against La Salle.
• Gannon was a 6-0, 6-0 winner at No. 5 singles against the Explorers. She also won 6-0 at No. 3 doubles while teaming with Jill Auteri.
• Bucknell improved to 7-0 in the all-time series with La Salle.
• The Bison have six 7-0 wins over the past two seasons.
• Binghamton is 1-3 after a 4-0 loss to Seton Hall. The Bearcats also have losses to Patriot League teams Boston University (7-0 score) and Army West Point (4-1). They have a win over Sacred Heart (5-2).
• The Bearcats went 8-13 last season and lost to Albany in the semifinal round of the America East Tournament.
• Senior Annie DiMuro is Binghamton’s top player with a career record of 49-41.
Series History with Binghamton
• Binghamton leads the all-time series 4-0.
• The teams haven’t played since 2011.
• The first meeting in the series was in 2003.
• Wagner is 5-1 with wins in its past four matches. The streak includes wins over Monmouth (6-1), Rider (5-2), St. Francis Brooklyn (7-0), and Saint Peter’s 6-1).
• The win over Saint Peter’s was Wagner’s first match of the spring season.
• Brenda Cumpa is 5-0 in dual matches this season while playing between 4-6 singles. Madison Pautsch is 4-0 while playing at No. 3 singles.
Series History with Wagner
• Bucknell will travel to New York to play matches against St. Bonaventure on Saturday, Feb. 18, and against Niagara on Sunday, Feb. 19.