Setting the Scene
What: Marist (2-0) vs. Bucknell (4-1)
When: Friday, Feb. 24 – 2:30 p.m.
Where: Tennis Zone & Fitness Center (Quakertown, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 4-1 – its best record through five games since 2005 – after wins over St. Bonaventure and Niagara last weekend. The Bison also have wins over La Salle and Binghamton.
• In the most recent win – a 7-0 victory over Niagara – Michele Urbinati, Lauren Fishbein, Paige Leavy, Madeline Melch, Melissa Parks, and Danielle Gannon – all had singles wins.
• Five players are still unbeaten during the spring. They are Melch (5-0), Fishbein (4-0), Parks (4-0), Lisa Jouravleva (2-0), and Allie Lane (1-0).
• Parks and Gannon are 2-0 in doubles after recording wins on back-to-back days against St. Bonaventure and Niagara last weekend.
• Marist is 2-0 with a 5-2 win over Hofstra and a 4-3 win over Providence.
• The Red Foxes have won the doubles point in each of their two matches.
• Marist went 8-13 last season and lost 4-3 to Marist in the championship match of the MAAC Tournament.
• Bucknell leads the all-time series 2-1.
• The teams haven’t played since 2011, a 6-1 win by the Bison.
• The Bison play against Delaware in Elkton, Maryland, on Saturday, March 4.