Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (5-1) at Delaware (2-4)
When: Saturday, March 4 – 6:45 p.m.
Where: Elkton Indoor Tennis (Elkton, Md.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 5-1, having won its past three matches by a combined score of 18-3.
• It’s the best record through six games since 2005 for the Bison.
• Most recently, Bucknell defeated Marist 6-1, the first loss of the season for the Red Foxes. Lauren Fishbein, Paige Leavy, Madeline Melch, Mishi Papich, and Melissa Parks each picked up singles victories.
• Bucknell still has five players who are unbeaten in the spring. They are Melch (6-0), Fishbein (5-0), Parks (5-0), Lisa Jouravleva (2-0), and Allie Lane (1-0).
• Danielle Gannon and Parks have also combined for a 3-0 mark in doubles play in the spring.
• Leavy leads all Bison with nine victories on the year, while Melch’s six spring wins are most on the squad.
• As a whole, Bucknell has won 29 of its 36 singles matches.
• Delaware sits at 2-4 overall on the season. It has defeated George Mason and Navy, but has lost its past two matches.
• Sara Komer leads the Blue Hens with a perfect 6-0 spring record.
• Brooke Pilkington will be competing at the No. 1 position, posting a 15-6 record overall and 4-1 performance at the top position in the spring.
• Delaware has won just six of its 18 doubles matches through its first six contests.
Series History with Delaware
• Bucknell is 11-18 all-time against Delaware, dating back to 1980.
• Last year, the two teams met for the first time since 2008, ending with a 4-3 triumph for the Blue Hens.
• In last year’s meeting, Melch picked up a singles victory, while Jouravleva and Fishbein picked up a doubles victory at No. 2, and Bush and Stephanie Pino picked up a doubles victory at No. 3.
• The Bison will take a trip over spring break to Orlando, Florida, on March 13-16. They will face Seton Hall, Fairfield, Fairleigh Dickinson, Colby, and LIU Brooklyn.