Setting the Scene
Wednesday, April 5 – 3:30 p.m.
at Lehigh – Ulrich Varsity Courts (Bethlehem, Pa.)
Friday, April 7 – 3 p.m.
vs. Saint Francis – Bucknell Varsity Courts (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Sunday, April 9 – 11 a.m.
vs. Lafayette – Bucknell Varsity Courts (Lewisburg, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 9-6 overall and 1-2 in the Patriot League after going 2-1 last weekend. The Bison beat Loyola 6-1 and Coppin State 7-0 before falling to Navy 6-1.
• Lisa Jouravleva was named the Patriot League Player of the Week for the second consecutive week after going 2-0, keeping her perfect record intact at 7-0. She had a three-set win over Loyola’s Amanda Lanciano and a three-set win over Navy’s Amanda Keller, a Second Team All-Patriot League selection last season.
• Adding singles wins in the league victory over Loyola were Lauren Fishbein, Michele Urbinati, Paige Leavy, and Madeline Melch.
• The Bison swept all three doubles matches against both Loyola and Coppin State.
Bucknell is scheduled to play on its home courts for the first time this season on Friday.
Scouting the Opponents
• Lehigh – The Mountain Hawks are 6-6 overall and 2-1 in the Patriot League after back-to-back 7-0 wins over Loyola and Colgate. Their other league match was a 6-1 loss to Navy. Junior Christina Auyeung, a First Team All-Patriot League selection last season, is 8-4 at No. 1 singles.
• Saint Francis – The Red Flash are 7-10 after losses to Fairleigh Dickinson and Duquesne. Stephanie Miller is 10-5 while playing at No. 3 and No. 4 singles.
• Lafayette – The Leopards are 6-10 overall and 1-4 in the Patriot League after a 7-0 loss to Navy and a 6-1 loss to Colgate. They also have league losses to Army West Point and Loyola, and a win over Holy Cross.
Series History with the Opponents
• Bucknell is 27-24 all-time against Lehigh, including two wins last season. Lisa Jouravleva and Lauren Fishbein had singles wins in the Bison’s 4-2 win over the Mountain Hawks in the quarterfinal round of the Patriot League Tournament.
• The Bison are 13-2 all-time against Saint Francis, including a 6-1 win last season. Jouravleva, Fishbein, Michele Urbinati and Mishi Papich had singles victories.
• Bucknell is 26-17-1 all-time against Lafayette, including a 7-0 win last season. Jouravleva, Fishbein, Urbinati and Madeline Melch had singles wins.
• The Bison will host Towson on Tuesday, April 11.