Setting the Scene
Friday, Feb. 9 – 11 a.m.
Bucknell (3-0) at Drexel (3-1) | Hecht/Hamlin Center (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Saturday, Feb. 10 – 10 a.m.
Bucknell (3-0) vs. Wagner (3-1) | Northwood Racquet Club (Easton, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 3-0 for the first time since 2005, opening the season with wins over Niagara, St. Bonaventure, and La Salle.
• The Bison have outscored their opponent 19-2, including a 7-0 shutout over La Salle in the most recent match.
• Lisa Jouravleva was named the season’s first Patriot League Player of the Week after starting the season 3-0 at No. 1 singles and 2-1 at No. 1 doubles. She didn’t lose a single set in her three singles victories.
• Jouravleva is just one of four Bucknell players that are 3-0 in singles. The others are Paige Leavy (court two), Schuyler La Barge (courts three and four), and Mishi Papich (courts four and five).
• The Bison have three unbeaten doubles teams this spring, led by Cayla Koch and Papich at 3-0. La Barge and Emilie Bush are 2-0, while La Barge and Sofia Ayuso won their lone match together.
• Rebecca Helt is in her 21st season as head coach of the Bucknell women’s tennis team. She is the program’s all-time leader in wins with 217.
• Drexel is 3-1 with three straight wins over Campbell, Georgetown, and Lehigh.
• The Dragons’ lone loss came to VCU.
• Kendra Bunch is 3-1 this spring, including a 3-0 record on court three.
Series History with Drexel
• Bucknell leads 9-3 in the all-time series.
• Wagner is 3-1 after a 5-1 loss to Siena.
• The Seahawks have wins over Monmouth, Rider, and St. Francis Brooklyn. • Wagner was picked to finish seventh out of eight in the NEC this season.
Series History with Wagner
• Wagner is 1-0 in the all-time series, winning the only matchup 4-3 last season.
• Madeline Melch had a singles win against the Seahawks in that match.
• The Bison will play Saint Francis in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, on Friday, Feb. 16, and against Youngstown State in Boardman, Ohio, on Saturday, Feb. 17.