Setting the Scene
What: Colgate (4-8, 1-0 PL) vs. Bucknell (9-4, 0-0 PL)
When: Saturday, March 24 – 3:30 p.m.
Where: Hershey Racquet Club (Hershey, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 9-4 and has a four-match winning streak with victories against Siena, South Carolina State, George Mason, and IUP.
• The Bison have their best record at this point of the season since starting 11-2 during the 2004-05 season.
• Two players – Sofia Ayuso and Madeline Melch – went 3-0 in singles in the team’s three matches in Hilton Head last week. Ayuso played on court five and improved her record to 7-1, while Melch played on court six and upped her record to 6-2.
• Bucknell is an impressive 51-25 in singles matches this spring.
• The Bison have two doubles teams that went 3-0 in Hilton Head, and both teams are unbeaten at 4-0 on the season. Emilie Bush and Cayla Koch haven’t lost on court two, while Ayuso and Mishi Papich are undefeated on court three.
• Lisa Jouravleva has already started to build her case for Patriot League Player of the Year with a 9-2 record against non-conference opponents. She will get her first chance to build up her conference record this weekend.
• Colgate is 4-8 overall and 1-0 in the Patriot League after a 7-0 win at Holy Cross.
• The Raiders went 9-9 overall and 3-1 in the conference last season. They lost to Lehigh in the quarterfinal round of the league tournament.
Series History with Colgate
• Bucknell is 19-21 all-time against Colgate. The teams first met in 1977.
• The Bison have won four of the past five matches in the series. The Raiders won 5-2 last season, but the Bison won the previous three by a combined 15-0 score.
• Lisa Jouravleva and Paige Leavy had singles victories against Colgate last season.
• The Bison will play at Villanova on Tuesday. The match is scheduled for 2:30 p.m.