Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (10-4) at Villanova (5-7)
When: Tuesday, March 27 – 2:30 p.m.
Where: West Campus Tennis Complex (Villanova, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 10-4 and riding a five-match winning streak with victories over Siena, South Carolina State, George Mason, IUP, and Colgate.
• The Bison have their best record at this point of the season since starting 12-2 during the 2004-05 season.
• Bucknell had just one match last week, but it was an important one as the Bison opened Patriot League play with a 4-2 win over Colgate.
• Paige Leavy, Cayla Koch, and Madeline Melch had singles wins against Raiders. The teams of Lisa Jouravleva/Leavy and Sofia Ayuso/Mishi Papich won in doubles.
• Jouravleva and Leavy are 11-3 in doubles, including an 8-2 record in their last 10 matches.
• The Bison have dominated both singles and doubles this spring. They are 54-27 in singles and 30-11 in doubles.
• Villanova is 5-7 overall and 1-1 in the Big East after a 5-2 loss to Xavier.
• The Wildcats are 2-2 against Patriot League opponents this season, posting wins over Colgate and Lafayette and losses to Lehigh and Navy.
• The Bison will play at Lafayette on Wednesday, April 4.