Setting the Scene
Wednesday, April 4
2:30 p.m. | Bucknell (10-5, 1-0 PL) vs. Lafayette (7-7, 1-2 PL) | Northwood Racquet & Fitness Club (Easton, Pa.)
Friday, April 6
4 p.m. | Bucknell (10-5, 1-0 PL) at Morgan State (5-10, 1-1 MEAC) | MSU Tennis Courts (Baltimore, Md.)
Sunday, April 8
9 a.m. | Bucknell (10-5, 1-0 PL) at Navy (20-5, 1-1 PL) | Fluegel-Moore Tennis Stadium (Annapolis, Md.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 10-5 overall and 1-0 in the Patriot League after a 4-0 loss to Villanova in its most recent match. That loss snapped a five-match winning streak for the Bison.
• The Bison have double-digit wins for the third straight season and the 12th time in Rebecca Helt’s 21 seasons as head coach.
• Lisa Jouravleva needs just one win to crack the top 10 on the program’s career singles wins list. She could realistically get as high as ninth on the list by the end of the season.
• Even in defeats, Bucknell has been solid this season. The Villanova loss was just the second time the Bison were shut out. The other came to Drexel, which is 13-3 on the season.
• Bucknell has identical 30-14 records in both singles and doubles matches this spring.
Scouting the Opponents
• Lafayette is 7-7 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League after a 4-0 win over Holy Cross. The Leopards have a 4-0 league loss to Army West Point.
• Morgan State is 5-10 overall and 1-1 in the MEAC after a 4-2 loss to Hampton. Danielle Thompson is 7-7 while playing all of her matches on court one.
• Navy is 20-5 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League with an eight-match winning streak. The streak includes wins over Northern Iowa, Swarthmore, Quinnipiac, Fairleigh Dickinson, Bryant, Georgetown, Rider, and Army West Point.
Series History with the Opponents
• Bucknell is 27-17-1 all-time against Lafayette, including a 6-1 win last season. Paige Leavy, Emilie Bush, Jill Auteri, and Danielle Gannon all won in singles.
• The Bison are 1-0 all-time against Morgan State, winning 4-1 in 2016. Lisa Jouravleva and Madeline Melch had singles wins.
• Navy leads the all-time series 11-1, including a pair of wins last season. The second came in the quarterfinal round of the Patriot League Tournament.
• Bucknell will host Lehigh on Wednesday, April 11.