Setting the Scene
Wednesday, April 11
4 p.m. | Lehigh (9-7, 3-1 PL) at Bucknell (12-6, 2-1 PL) | Varsity Tennis Courts (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Friday, April 13
3 p.m. | Bucknell (12-6, 2-1 PL) at Mount St. Mary’s (3-13, 1-3 NEC) | Mount St. Mary’s Tennis Courts (Emmitsburg, Md.)
Saturday, April 14
12 p.m. | Loyola (13-2, 2-2 PL) at Bucknell (12-6, 2-1 PL) | Varsity Tennis Courts (Lewisburg, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 12-6 overall and 2-1 in the Patriot League after going 2-1 last week with wins over Lafayette and Morgan State and a loss to Navy.
• The Bison have won seven of their past nine matches, including two against Patriot League opponents.
• Madeline Melch recorded the lone singles win in Bucknell’s loss to Navy. The senior is 10-2 this spring and has a seven-match winning streak.
• The Bison continue to dominate in both singles and doubles, posting a 65-37 record in singles and a 35-18 record in doubles. • Bucknell will honor four players – Emilie Bush, Lisa Jouravleva, Allie Lane, and Melch -- for Senior Day on Saturday.
• With her most recent, Jouravleva moved into 10th on Bucknell’s career singles wins list.
Scouting the Opponents
• Lehigh is 9-7 overall and 3-1 in the Patriot League after a 7-9 win over Lafayette. The Mountain Hawks also have league wins over Loyola and Colgate and a loss to Navy. Christina Auyeung is a three-time All-Patriot League player.
• Mount St. Mary’s is 3-13 overall and 1-3 in the NEC after a 6-1 win over Harford Community College. The Mount is 0-3 against Patriot League opponents with losses to Navy, Lehigh, and Loyola.
• Loyola is 13-2 overall and 2-2 in the Patriot League after six straight wins over Holy Cross, George Mason, Mount St. Mary’s, UMES, Lafayette, and Coppin State.
Series History with the Opponents
• Bucknell is 27-25 all-time against Lehigh, including wins in two of the past three meetings. The Mountain Hawks won 7-0 last season.
• Bucknell is 18-1 all-time against Mount St. Mary’s. The Bison have won by shutout in each of the past two seasons.
• Bucknell is 6-3 all-time against Loyola, including wins in three of the past four meetings.