Setting the Scene
What: Hatter Classic
Where: Edmunds Center (DeLand, Fla.)
About the Bison
* Bucknell is 3-0 after winning the title at the Bucknell Invitational with victories over La Salle (3-2), Iona (3-2), and Saint Peter’s (3-0).
* Sophomore Sophie Bullard was named the Patriot League Player of the Week and Bison Athlete of the Week after earning Tournament MVP honors. She had a double-double in kills and assists in all three matches.
* Sophomore Mimi Richards joined Bullard on the All-Tournament Team. She tallied 21 kills through three matches and currently leads the league in that category.
* Bucknell leads the Patriot League in blocks. Senior Celeste Barker ranks second with 18.
* Senior Luz Nagle ranks fourth in the conference in assists/set (8.17). She tallied a career-high 51 assists in the win over Iona.
* The Bison are 3-0 to start the season for the first time since 1999.
Scouting the Opponents
* Providence is 3-0 with wins over UAB, Boston College, and Fairfield. The Friars were picked to finish 10th in the Big East.
* ECU is 2-1 with wins over William & Mary and Georgia State and a loss to Rutgers. The Pirates were picked to finish 11th in the American Athletic Conference.
* Stetson is 0-3 with losses to Central Connecticut State, Florida Atlantic, and Stephen F. Austin. The Hatters were picked to finish seventh in the Atlantic Sun.
Series History with the Opponents
* Providence leads 6-4 in a series that began in 1986. The Friars won the most recent meeting 3-1 in 2015.
* ECU leads 1-0 after beating Bucknell 3-1 last season.
* Stetson and Bucknell will meet for the first time.
* Bucknell will play Canisius, Eastern Washington, and Charlotte at the Canisius Invitational on Sept. 8-9.