Setting the Scene
(Friday, Sept. 29 – 7 p.m.)
What: Lafayette (3-11, 1-1 PL) at Bucknell (7-7, 1-1 PL)
Where: Davis Gym (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Live Stats: BucknellBison.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 7-7 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League after a 3-1 win over Colgate at Davis Gym on Saturday. It was the Bison’s first win over the Raiders since 2010.
• Sophomore Mimi Richards had a huge match against Colgate. She finished with 22 kills, a .459 hitting percentage, six total blocks, and five digs. She was listed as an honorable mention in the league’s weekly awards release.
• Sophomore Sophie Bullard recorded her seventh double-double of the season with 15 kills and 14 digs.
• Over the past three seasons, Bucknell has at least one win over every team in the Patriot League except American.
• Bucknell leads the conference in blocks/set (2.61). Richards leads the league individually (1.46/set).
• Sophomore Brooke Stark ranks third in the Patriot League with 17 aces.
• Lafayette is 3-11 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League following a 3-0 loss to Army West Point. The Leopards league win was 3-1 over Holy Cross.
• The Leopards were picked to finish ninth in the conference.
• Lafayette ranks second in the league with 1.59 aces per set. Sonia Musso ranks second individually, averaging 0.33/set.
Series History with Lafayette
• Bucknell leads 40-24 in a series that began in 1978.
• The Bison have won six of the past seven meetings.
• The Leopards won 3-0 in the most recent match last season.
• Lehigh is 11-5 overall and 2-0 in the Patriot League. The Mountain Hawks have a six-match winning streak, beating Villanova, Sacred Heart, Hartford, Brown, Colgate, and Holy Cross.
• The Mountain Hawks have lost just one set during their winning streak.
• Lehigh ranks first in the Patriot League in opponent hitting percentage (.153) and opponent kills (11.24/set).
• The Mountain Hawks were picked to finish fifth in the conference.
Series History with Lehigh
• Lehigh leads 46-27 in a series that began in 1978.
• The Mountain Hawks have won seven of the past eight meetings, but the Bison won the most recent matchup 3-1 last season.
• Sophie Bullard has 11 kills and 10 digs in the win over Lehigh last season.
• Bucknell plays at Navy (12-3, 2-0 PL) on Saturday, Oct. 7.