About the Bison
• Bucknell is 9-9 overall and 3-3 in the Patriot League after splitting a pair of matches against conference opponents this past weekend. The Bison fell 3-0 at first-place Navy, but responded with a 3-1 win at Loyola (Md.) the following day.
• Sophomore Sophie Bullard recorded a double-double with 12 kills and 15 digs in the win over the Greyhounds. It was her seventh double-double of the season.
• The Bison used a huge comeback in the first set to gain the early momentum in the win over the Greyhounds. They trailed 20-13 before scoring five straight points to cut the deficit to two. The Bison eventually won the set 25-23.
• Sophomore Mimi Richards had 12 kills and six total blocks in the win. She needs five block assists to move into a tie for fifth on Bucknell’s single-season record book.
• Sophomore Brooke Stark ranks in the top 10 in the Patriot League in two categories. She is second in aces, averaging 0.36/set, and is seventh in digs/set at 3.69.
• The Bison have a pair of players in the top 10 in the conference in blocks/set. Richards has a large lead, averaging 1.49, while senior Celeste Barker is eighth with a 0.92 average.
• Richards bumped up one spot this week to eighth in the nation in blocks/set.
• Bucknell is currently fifth in the Patriot League standings after completing one-third of the conference schedule. Four teams qualify for the league tournament.
• American is 13-7 overall and 5-1 in the Patriot League. The Eagles are riding a five-match winning streak with wins over Holy Cross, Army West Point, Delaware State, Lehigh, and Lafayette. They haven’t lost a set during their winning streak.
• The Eagles were picked to win the conference in the league’s preseason poll. They currently rank second with their lone league loss coming to Navy.
• American has won four straight Patriot League regular season titles, going 61-3 against conference opponents during that stretch.
• Junior Aleksandra Kazala was voted the Preseason Patriot League Player of the Year. She currently leads the league in kills/set (4.85).
Series History with American
• American leads 40-1 in a series that began in 1989.
• The Eagles have won 39 straight meetings. • Bucknell’s win came in 1996.
Scouting Holy Cross
• Holy Cross is 3-15 overall and 0-5 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders are on a nine-match losing streak, including losses to league opponents Lafayette, Lehigh, American, Navy, and Colgate.
• The Crusaders ranks first in the conference in digs/set, averaging 17.66.
• Sophie VanSevern leads the league in digs/set, averaging 5.92.
Series History with Holy Cross
• Bucknell leads 35-16 in a series that began in 1986.
• Holy Cross swept the two-match series last season, while Bucknell swept the series in 2015.
• The Bison are 4-4 against Holy Cross with Anna Allison as head coach.
• Bucknell will play road matches on back-to-back nights when it plays at Colgate on Friday, Oct. 20, and at Army West Point on Saturday, Oct. 21.