Setting the Scene
(Friday, Oct. 20 – 7 p.m.)
What: Bucknell (10-10, 4-4 PL) at Colgate (11-9, 2-6 PL)
Where: Cotterell Court (Hamilton, N.Y.)
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: GoColgateRaiders.com
(Saturday, Oct. 21 – 7 p.m.)
What: Bucknell (10-10, 4-4 PL) at Army West Point (13-8, 6-2 PL)
Where: Gillis Field House (West Point, N.Y.)
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: GoArmyWestPoint.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 10-10 overall and 4-4 in the Patriot League after splitting league matches against American and Holy Cross last week. The Bison fell to the Eagles 3-1 before bouncing back with an exciting 3-2 win over the Crusaders the following day.
• Sophomore Mimi Richards was named as an honorable mention in the Patriot League’s weekly awards release. She finished with seven total blocks and 15 kills, while hitting .444 against the Crusaders. She had nine total blocks and nine kills against the Eagles.
• Richards is up to 98 block assists on the season, good enough for second on Bucknell’s all-time list. She needs eight more – with eight matches remaining in the regular season – to break the current record of 105 set by Melissa Wharton in 1996.
• Richards ranks 10th in the nation in blocks/set (1.53).
• Freshman Alexa Bonanno registered the first two double-doubles of her career last week, doing so in back-to-back matches. She tallied 22 assists and 11 digs in the loss to American and 28 assists and 11 digs in the win over Holy Cross.
• The Bison continue to be the most improved team in the Patriot League this season. They have doubled the overall win total from a year ago and have already eclipsed their league win total with eight matches left to play.
• Stark had two aces in the win over Holy Cross and now ranks second in the Patriot League with 25 on the season.
• At the halfway point of the conference schedule, Bucknell sits fifth in the Patriot League standings. The Bison are one match behind Lehigh for the fourth and final spot in the league tournament.
• Colgate is 11-9 overall and 2-6 in the Patriot League after a 3-2 loss to American. The Raiders posted back-to-back wins over Holy Cross and Lafayette prior to the loss.
• Alli Lowe posted a career-high 24 kills in the loss to the Eagles. She ranks second in the Patriot League in kills/set (3.55).
• The Raiders rank second in the Patriot League in opponent hitting percentage (.168).
Series History with Colgate
• Colgate leads 39-23 in a series that began in 1984.
• Bucknell beat Colgate 3-1 earlier this season, ending a 13-match losing streak in the series that dated back to 2010.
• Mimi Richards had 22 kills on .459 hitting and added six total blocks in the win over Colgate this season. Sophie Bullard finished with 15 kills and 14 digs.
• The Bison will attempt to sweep the season series with Colgate for the first time since 2006.
Scouting Army West Point
• Army is 13-8 overall and 6-2 in the Patriot League after winning their past four matches against Colgate (3-0), Holy Cross (3-0), Lehigh (3-2), and Navy (3-2).
• The Black Knights trailed 2-0 before winning the final three sets against the Mids.
• Haven Bethune had a career-high 66 assists in the win over Navy. She ranks fifth in the Patriot League in assists/set (6.58).
Series History with Army West Point
• Army leads 36-14 in a series that began in 1989.
• The Black Knights have won three straight matches in the series, including a 3-0 victory earlier this season.
• The Bison host Lehigh on Friday, Oct. 27, at 7 p.m.